Archived
#178624 by Devymetalnut
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:42 pm
If i may be so bold, i've always wondered if Devin has any brothers and sisters and if they have influenced him or play instruments and the like. Also wondering how Devin managed to get endorsed and what his first endorsement actually was as i've been offered one and am not sure what to do, pros and cons is what im thinking about.
Im also wondering if little Rayner is going to be taught guitar by one of the most badass guitarists in metal, if so that is so cool, respect to the little dude, I still don't know what he looks like. Perhaps Devin could do an instructional DVD of some sort at somepoint as I love his overall technique and feeling in his playing.

Thanks for your time anyhow Tracy/fellow forum people, if you cant be asked to reply, no problem. Would be awesome though. :D
#178662 by Biert
Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 am
1) There's an Edit button for typos ;)
2) I'm sure he has sisters, he mentioned that he gets them to do some of the gang/choir vocals usually (see making of Alien I think?)
3) I don't know
4) I don't know
5) Check out Great Average Guitar (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6183165869)
#178692 by Devymetalnut
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:27 am
Biert wrote:1) There's an Edit button for typos ;)
2) I'm sure he has sisters, he mentioned that he gets them to do some of the gang/choir vocals usually (see making of Alien I think?)
3) I don't know
4) I don't know
5) Check out Great Average Guitar (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6183165869)

Thanks for the reply Biert, still a bit rusty with forum use but im getting there, will remember the trusty edit button in the future, took me a while to figure out the quote button, yes dumb i know :)

Think i've seen that great average guitar vid before, its ancient but still pretty awesome, cool thanks anyhow.

If anyone else knows anything about Endorsements involving Devy or not feel free to comment and what not. Thanks
#180772 by Eyesore
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am
I've always wondered why fans even care about such things. I'm sure if I met Devin some day and we became friends I'd care about his family and such. But now? He's an artist that I enjoy the hell out of, one that I respect immensely, but he's not my friend. Neither he nor Tracy know me from a shit stain. It's just weird to wonder about such things.

Put yourself on the other side of the fence. You are fans, sure, but you're strangers. How would you feel if strangers were always inquiring about personal things in your life? Love the art, respect the man, but go no further.

Just my opinion.