Archived
#157789 by amstudios
Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:05 am
hey, just wondering is their any chance of devin releasing the songs he's recorded over the past few years on a special edition CD for us to get our hands and ears on?

the songs im talking about are;
'whats new pussy cat'(recorded for the Alien album but was never put on),
'Sit in the mountain'(recorded in the synchestra sessions).

and im sure there are many more that i cant think of or he has that hes never told us about.

no pressure just simply asking is there ever a chance.

#157790 by funny_little_guy
Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:10 am
What's new Pussy cat was not recorded. Repeat, was not recorded. They only started the drums and scrapped it. Sit in the mountain from Synchestra would be cool however,

#157792 by JayjayAbnormal
Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:40 am
Sit in the Mountain was re-recorded for Synchestra? I'd love to hear that

#157816 by Warhead
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am
Well Sit in the Mountain is on the Christeen EP, and there's also the Ass-Sordid demos which is a cllection of demos

#157817 by Biert
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:34 am
Warhead wrote:Well Sit in the Mountain is on the Christeen EP, and there's also the Ass-Sordid demos which is a cllection of demos

True, it's a great song. And it was indeed recorded for Synchestra but left out, because it didn't fit with the rest of the record.

Still, I'd love to hear it!! Ass-Sordid 3 maybe?

#157819 by damnuandurdog
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:54 am
Uh, Sit in the Mountain was off the Christeen EP which I always thought was a collection of songs that never made Infinity. Also, om, sit in the mountain and star child definitely have a more 'Infinity' like production style to them. They don't sound Synchestra like at all but I may be wrong.

#157820 by Biert
Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:09 am
Well Notes From Africa was going to be on Terria, and even then the song was much older already. Didn't make it to Terria but it really fits on Synchestra. Who knows what a new rendition of Sit In The Mountain would have sounded lik. Judging Dev, it wouldn't be just an exact copy of the one on the Christeen EP.

#157827 by Eyesore
Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 pm
Biert wrote:Well Notes From Africa was going to be on Terria, and even then the song was much older already. Didn't make it to Terria but it really fits on Synchestra. Who knows what a new rendition of Sit In The Mountain would have sounded lik. Judging Dev, it wouldn't be just an exact copy of the one on the Christeen EP.

I think it was mentioned that "Notes From Africa" changed quite a bit from it's Terria incarnation.

And I would love to hear a re-recording of "Sit In The Mountain!" It's in my top 5 favorite Devy tracks. There's just something about the song that connects with me; I find it to be very poetic and visual, if you will.

I'm not sure how much material there would be for an Ass-Sordid III, but a nice rarities EP would be killer. Something to tide us over while we wait for his symphonic opus.

#157831 by TallNerdGuy
Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:39 pm
Mmmmm..."symphonic opus"...

A more polished version of Sit in the Mountain would be crazy tasty. Hopefully, if it is truly a reality, it will be revealed in the near future.

#158525 by gurp13
Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:21 pm
After all I read on here, I got the distinct impression that we were all wrong and that Sit In the Mountain was just a dream of ours and that Notes From Africa was the reach back to the past that was referred to.

Was SITM actually recorded? Is this confirmed somewhere?

#158526 by Persuader
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 pm
Search the RVP forums, the truth is out there... ;)

#158527 by funny_little_guy
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:26 pm
Shhh...