Archived

#160669 by Mr Clean
Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:01 pm
I am so fond of Dev's work that I consider myself a true fan of Devin Townsend but it is important (for any follower of any band) to consider the difference between Devin Townsend the artist and Devin the human being...

I love Dev's music... but I cant' say I love Dev... I don't know him! actually, I think he's kinda scary... but his music is just... loveable... in a kinda scary way... :lol:

What I want to say is... everybody has weaknesses (i dont really know how to write that word so excuse the possible mispelling... this one too...) and Devin liking or disliking another person, a gig or an entire country (i'm not saying he does) is absolutely natural... I myself dislike the US for calling themselves America given that we are America too! (I'm from Southamerica by the way) but that doesnt make me an ungrateful person or anything like it...

So... just do as he says and what I try to do with the people from the US... ignore their weaknesses (damn word again!) and focus on their many strenghts... :)

And now for something completely different...

European and japanese crowds are nothing compared to the southamerican crowd... just ask Dave Mustaine about Argentina or Chile...

Dev... it's your loss... :lol:

#160680 by Biert
Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 am
Wasn't the DTB robbed in Ireland? (If it was another country, apologies to all Irish people). So I'd say that if he dislikes any country, it'd be that one. And I think it's been stated that they're not going back there.

But I don't really think that's the point of the thread... Just some more Dev Trivia.... Devia? :lol:

#160693 by Mr Clean
Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 am
Anyway I think they would hate the guys who robbed them but not the whole country... I mean, It's Ireland... beer, green, leprechaun, beer!! :D

#161680 by into the voigtex
Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:36 pm
Fiddle-de-dee, potatoes.

Yes folks, after almost a whole year of not posting, that is the sum total of my irrelevant input.
:o

The twins turned 1 last week and my brain is fried.

#161691 by djskrimp
Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 am
into the voigtex wrote:Fiddle-de-dee, potatoes.

Yes folks, after almost a whole year of not posting, that is the sum total of my irrelevant input.
:o

The twins turned 1 last week and my brain is fried.

Congrats!!!

Not on the brain frying..that's like, easy. I meant the twins.

#161727 by Persuader
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:17 am
Yay, congratulations...and welcome back!

#162930 by XIII
Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:50 am
Mr Clean wrote:I myself dislike the US for calling themselves America given that we are America too! (I'm from Southamerica by the way)

We're called the United States OF America. We regard ourselves as a collection (a union) of states which are apart OF a larger America. C'mon man.

#162991 by shiram
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:42 am
XIII wrote:
Mr Clean wrote:I myself dislike the US for calling themselves America given that we are America too! (I'm from Southamerica by the way)

We're called the United States OF America. We regard ourselves as a collection (a union) of states which are apart OF a larger America. C'mon man.

yea but when you state your nationality you'll say " I am an American"
its a little subtle nuance i guess, not big deal

#163337 by Retribution
Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:58 pm
On the other hand, most other languages do so too. Call them American that is.

It's a bit hard to call yourself United-States-of-American ;) I think that it's logical that "American" is their nationality. All the other countries in the continent America have "own" names that don't include the word America.
#182719 by Lettuce
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 pm
Apologies for majorly bumping the thread (As I'm kinda new, I've been skimming most threads)

I just have to say that SYL were the best band for me at Download, phenominal set, perfect stage for them too. And that's including my chum's band playing the mainstage on Sunday :P My only disappointment was that I didn't see Devy around the VIP bit so I could express my appreciation with a fat-ass hug. I had to settle for the singer of Skindred instead :sad: