Archived

#95899 by EphelDuath666
Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm
I think I'd be interested in a longsleeve. I will probably just take one of each because it looks great.

#95903 by CardDinour
Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:18 pm
one of each?!? bloody hell you guys are rich :lol:

i guess ill be ordering one soon too :D

and the album cover is absolutely beautiful :)

#95956 by fragility
Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:19 pm
Tracy wrote:We liked it just the way it was but if others think it should be changed, we could consider it.

It looks better on the shirt than on the graphic - primarily because I did the graphics and I SUCK at it...

hahah, no I was just wondering...I couldn't really think how you could work that artwork into it otherwise...there's too much cool stuff in the whole pick really to cut any of it out

#95972 by Atari
Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:53 am
well, looks like the overall colour of the album artwork may be green, how about working onto green/khaki shirts instead of black?

#95973 by Tracy
Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:08 am
Atari wrote:well, looks like the overall colour of the album artwork may be green, how about working onto green/khaki shirts instead of black?

Well, herein lies the problem that every variation adds another $1000 to the shirt order. Seriously. The more variety we try to offer, the more capital gets eaten up in inventory that once gone can sit for a very long time. We are either going to have to get rid of all of the older album shirts entirely and focus on a few changing new ones or farm out the merchandising to another company. I think we currently have 14 designs/colours and the cost to maintain a steady supply is astronomical. We can't maintain it as-is so input from you guys is welcome.

#96003 by FUBAR
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:32 am
Tracy wrote:
Atari wrote:well, looks like the overall colour of the album artwork may be green, how about working onto green/khaki shirts instead of black?

We are either going to have to get rid of all of the older album shirts entirely and focus on a few changing new ones or farm out the merchandising to another company. I think we currently have 14 designs/colours and the cost to maintain a steady supply is astronomical. We can't maintain it as-is so input from you guys is welcome.

Does this mean more cheap merch on ebay? :D

#98593 by Tracy
Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:19 pm
Okay, now that I have had the album for a few weeks I can better comment...

The biggest thing is you HAVE to let it grow. It starts really soft then builds and builds and builds and at the end leaves you so satisfied that you want to start over again right away. It's something that you just leave on and in a weird way, when it's off you feel a little empty.

Notes from Africa, Pixillate, Triumph are all monster songs but it's best taken as a whole.

#99641 by :)
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:11 pm
Infinity crossed with Terria, that sounds good, my two favourite Devin (non-SYL) albums, if I decide to buy some merchandise I'll have to put my own name on it, I put in my dad's details the last time and any stuff signed has been in his name xD

#99660 by BaldMosher446
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:02 pm
Tracy wrote:Okay, now that I have had the album for a few weeks I can better comment...

The biggest thing is you HAVE to let it grow. It starts really soft then builds and builds and builds and at the end leaves you so satisfied that you want to start over again right away. It's something that you just leave on and in a weird way, when it's off you feel a little empty.

Notes from Africa, Pixillate, Triumph are all monster songs but it's best taken as a whole.

Damn! I gotta have this record! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

#99777 by Biert
Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:48 am
Tracy, I'd like to know if the booklet contains the lyrics? Do you have any info on it?

#99784 by Metalmonkey
Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:22 am
Biert wrote:Tracy, I'd like to know if the booklet contains the lyrics? Do you have any info on it?

About the booklet i've read somewhere that the limited edition (with live DVD) will contains an extended 16 pages booklet. Is it going to be some artwork or notes from The Dev?

#99847 by Tracy
Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:32 pm
Metalmonkey wrote:
Biert wrote:Tracy, I'd like to know if the booklet contains the lyrics? Do you have any info on it?

About the booklet i've read somewhere that the limited edition (with live DVD) will contains an extended 16 pages booklet. Is it going to be some artwork or notes from The Dev?

Yes, to lyrics. No to anything from Devin.

#99854 by Eyesore
Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:07 pm
Metalmonkey wrote:

I think Geoff said the regular version has 10 pages and the special edition has 16 pages. It's safe to say I'm going for the 16 page version.

I'm still amazed at how far Geoff has come. I remember back on the e-mail list when he took that 9-month course, I think, he was good after that, but just typical. Now he seems to have come into his own. The cover is simple, but the impact of it's simplicity is perfect!

#100092 by Biert
Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:16 am
Tracy wrote:
Metalmonkey wrote:

Yes, to lyrics. No to anything from Devin.

Woo thanks!