Archived
#88427 by Falk
Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:10 pm
Hi Tracy !

I'm not sure anymore, but IIRC I read months ago (about 2 years now I'd say), in a fan interview on the site, that Devin loves Japan, but he "kinda spoiled it to himself". Well that's the sentence I have in mind, I just hope I didn't dreamt it or something :wink:
Just curious, maybe it's because of my unperfect english, but I don't really get the meaning of this sentence :roll: What does it mean ?

And more globally, what's Devin's connection with Japan ?
Did he spend some times there ?
Or "just a few weeks" (I'd be happy to spend "just" a few weeks in Japan^^) of touring there was so inspiring that he wrote several songs about (or talking about) this country ? (Night, Japan of course, and the talks about Fukuoka in The Death Of Music...) Were some of those songs actually written in Japan ?

#88976 by stormqueen
Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:03 pm
Great questions!!!! I wanna know too!! Oh please do tell us!!! I love Japan!! (Though I have never being and probably never will 'cause I am so poor).

#89146 by Tracy
Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:30 pm
Devin was fascinated with the country before he ever went and even more so afterwards. However, he had a falling out with some of the people over there so now it's more uncomfortable there for him. That's about all I'll say...

#89436 by blisterguy
Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:55 am
i'll be going to japan later this year
*cough to play magic whatanerd cough*
anyone in particular i should rough up?
;)

#90491 by Lula
Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:26 am
I used to live in Japan. It's pretty fucking cool.

#90752 by King Ghidorah
Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:24 pm
I'm going back to Japan.....hmmm is that from a song i wonder :wink: for 3 months from New year yippee.

My favorite place on earth everyone should go....no infact no one should go so i can pretend its all mine.

Lula what where you doing over there? teaching English?...sorry i'm just being nosy.

#90857 by BaldMosher446
Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 am
I'd love to visit Japan one day. Mingle around with the Japanese speaking folk there!

#93736 by junkmonkey
Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Taiwan's pretty cool,it's alotta fun there...i know it's not Japan but it's close to Japan hehheh