Archived
#83124 by chiablo
Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:01 pm
I am a HUGE Devin Townsend fan, and when I saw that you were coming to Utah as SYL, I almost wet myself.

But Hevydevy.com says that it's probably cancelled.

I checked on the Lo-Fi Cafe's calendar, but there is nothing there that states that you were even coming. And nothing on HevyDevy shows that it's definatly off.

This might be my only chance to see SYL in concert, so I'd like to get some confirmation that it's been cancelled or is still on. the 1st is only 6 days away!

I might even know a bass player that could fill in for the missing bassist, although he doesn't know any of the songs and has probably never even heard of Strapping Young Lad... the poor soul.

#83195 by Socialenemy69
Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:38 am
looks like your gonna have to make a road trip to Denver to catch the last sounds of the underground tour show. SYL was probably gonna play Utah with Opeth or on their own but since Byron is gone off to play with fear factory there wasnt enough time to teach the Devil Driver bassist a full set of songs in that short amount of time so the one off gigs from the sounds of the underground tour were cancelled for syl.

#83196 by Tracy
Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:50 am
Right. Thanks for answering while I was away.