All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#146894 by TeamJonny
Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:26 am
There's a similar (but nowhere near as good) scream at the end of Filter's Title Of Record album. Richard Patrick just comes across like the whiney little bitch he is.

#146918 by Zyprexa
Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 pm
I prefer it when I'm not expecting it. Feels like a relief of tension.

#149709 by Beelzebobo
Thu May 17, 2007 4:34 pm
Genius way to end the album, but then when is The Dev not a genius?

#156015 by Arkane Magik
Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:55 pm
I was once listening to the album while I was falling asleep forgeting about the scream. Than in the middle of the night it happened. It scared the hell out of me.
#156025 by Grey Skies
Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:50 am
sameeeeee even after listenin to it constantly, lying in bed relaxing to it, almosttttt falling asleep then arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
couldnt relax for about 12months after haha
Devvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

#156229 by rachel
Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 pm
The worst is when you are 'enjoying the music' with someone else and you know its about to happen and someone has to jump up and skip it or it kinda ruins the moment! lol
#171616 by Holisti
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:38 am
Last Night I was just listening music and chatting with my friends and I had my headphones pretty loud. well I had WMP on shuffle and I didnt notice what song was coming. When the song ended I just tought it was my computer lagging and didnt want to switch to next song and then suddenly YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH! I almost had a heart attack. :(
#173467 by The Oid
Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:47 pm
Considering the commentary on Terria, I'm assuming the purpose is to wake people up that have fallen asleep listening to the album.

If I recall correctly, that was the rationale behind some of the changes in volume on Terria, although I don't think it had the desired effect, as it's still a very relaxing album to listen to, at least for me.

That said, I find Physicist relaxing to sleep to, so I might be a bit unusual in the music that I find relaxing to sleep to.
#175559 by ElectricRed
Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:38 am
FUCK! This same thing just happened to me.
Was doing the dishes listening to Ocean Machine, and I had fucking told myself that I would see it coming.. But NO, I didn't. My heart must have skipped a beat, I am sure of it.
#194603 by Naz
Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm
I know this is a bump beyond bumps, but if I don't bump something I'm not going to able to post anything, and this seems like the most valid, because my story with this scream > the others, IMFO.

I took a girl home and decided that OM was the album I wanted for our first...*coughs*...tête à tête, shall we say. Anyway, I managed to keep going throughout the album, introducing a few polyrhythms here and there, but basically keeping in time for a lot of it. Thing Beyond Things comes on, and by this time I'm surprised I made it through The Death of Music, considering how emotional that song is. Anyway, I decide this is something to relax to, so I relax a bit. The silence comes along and I decide to finally go at my own pace, then BANG! In comes the scream, I lose my concentration and...well, let's just say we were both too busy laughing to be too annoyed at what happened. :mrgreen:
#194849 by Wander
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm
Fucking hell with that scream! Doesn't allow me to listen to fall asleep listening to Ocean Machine without making a playlist without it... It's funny how it actually took me A LONG time to find that it even was there, cause I always just went and took the CD out right before the scream came. Then one day... The "WTF was that" moment came. It also made a sleepy cat pretty scared for a moment.

Re:

#194936 by djskrimp
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:37 am
TeamJonny wrote:There's a similar (but nowhere near as good) scream at the end of Filter's Title Of Record album. Richard Patrick just comes across like the whiney little bitch he is.

I don't agree that Richard Patrick is a whiny bitch. He's got a hell of a voice, just not as good as Devin's.
#195304 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm
...wait wait wait, what's all this business about being asleep through Devin's music?

Usually it's pretty fun to hear music while one is awake, right? :wink:
Nay, to each their own. I know.

I like listening to the Dev while out walking around at night. Makes you feel really alive *pounds chest*
#199135 by Scruff
Sun May 24, 2009 4:23 am
That scream wakes me up every morning as I set it as my alarm tone on my phone :shock:
#199881 by Jack8the8Ripper
Thu May 28, 2009 9:31 pm
Scruff wrote:That scream wakes me up every morning as I set it as my alarm tone on my phone :shock:

:shock:

brilliant Image