The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#136853 by Chris
Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:41 am
Hey Ryan,

I remember an interview where Dev mentions that Vompolka was basically a result of the band playing around with the melodies from Vampira. Do you remember those sessions and could you give us some more insight? I love those funny moments on Synchestra - just think of the hilarious banjo part in Triumph! - and I'm sure that I'm not alone in wanting to know more about them.

(Well, maybe I am... But I want an answer nevertheless!)

Cheers,

Chris
#136856 by Drumdude13
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:04 am
Chris wrote:Hey Ryan,

I remember an interview where Dev mentions that Vompolka was basically a result of the band playing around with the melodies from Vampira. Do you remember those sessions and could you give us some more insight? I love those funny moments on Synchestra - just think of the hilarious banjo part in Triumph! - and I'm sure that I'm not alone in wanting to know more about them.

(Well, maybe I am... But I want an answer nevertheless!)

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I remember those sessions alright :lol: they were awesome ! Vampolka was pretty much the last song written for Synchestra. One day we were getting ready to play Vampira and out of no where the band started jamming a really weird Polka version of Vampira to Dev's different Vampira vocal melodies. We were gigglin' our asses off to this crazy Polka version of Vampira. This version of the song kept coming up in rehearsals just before we were about to go into the studio to record Synchestra. So after a few rehearsals of playing, what would eventually be called "Vampolka", Dev decided that we should record the song and put it right before Vampira on the album..... and there it is, the birth of Vampolka ! Those sessions were amazing and all of us had a blast making that record. Lots of great memories.

We have a blast in the DTB. Everyone is pretty easy going, loves music and just wants to have a good time ! We are also very serious about being good musicians and pulling off the music as best as we can. There is no doubt that we have a ton of fun though. We have things that we do live like... every night Mike and I always look at eachother at the end of Dev's Guitar Solo in the middle of "Away/Deep Peace" cuz one time we screwed it up bad when we were both supposed to come in :lol: So now we try to hype each other out for when that part comes. Beavis and i have a thing were we blast off some fast 32nd double kick notes in the mid section in "Regulator", that's the metal in us. :lol: we always get a good smile on our faces when that part comes up. In "Earthday" we always give Dave a look/smile at the Keyboard part in the verses where his keyboard part goes "Do do,do,do" :lol: Again another screw up live type of thing. There are many more things that we do as well. I'm sure there may be a few of you who have picked up on us smiling or laughing at eachother on stage. Those smiles are because of the same things I've just explained To you and more !

Anyways, there you have it. The DTB is an awesome band to play in and a very fun one to play in as well. Hope that answered your question bro.

All the best,

RVP
#136858 by Chris
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:34 am
Drumdude13 wrote:Anyways, there you have it. The DTB is an awesome band to play in and a very fun one to play in as well. Hope that answered your question bro.

Oh, it definitely did. That's what I call a quick and long answer, and also one that was fun to read. Thanks!
#136875 by Biert
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:49 am
Drumdude13 wrote:Yeah, I remember those sessions alright :lol: they were awesome ! (...) One day we were getting ready to play Vampira and out of no where the band started jamming a really weird Polka version of Vampira to Dev's different Vampira vocal melodies. We were gigglin' our asses off to this crazy Polka version of Vampira

Something tells me there were certain green leaves involved? :P :lol:

Damn I would like to see that. A bunch of either (partially) bald or otherwise hairy, but certainly bearded and many tattooed, sweaty men with big downtuned and heavily distorted instruments, giggling like little girls!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Certainly a case of 'ROFL' :P )
#136880 by djskrimp
Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:21 am
Biert wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:Yeah, I remember those sessions alright :lol: they were awesome ! (...) One day we were getting ready to play Vampira and out of no where the band started jamming a really weird Polka version of Vampira to Dev's different Vampira vocal melodies. We were gigglin' our asses off to this crazy Polka version of Vampira

Something tells me there were certain green leaves involved? :P :lol:

Green Tea with Chai? I love that stuff.

RVP, hittin' us with some knowledge.