The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#125114 by Drumdude13
Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:50 pm
June 25th 2006

Alright ! The studio dates are set for recording my drum tracks for the still-yet-to-be-named solo/side project I'm doing. We'll be entering The Armoury Studio's on Aug 20th - 22nd to do my drumtracks.

I will be recording 12 songs in total. There will be 2 instrumentals, one of the instrumental songs will have Alex Skolnick (Testament) and Trevor Dunn (Fantomas, Mr. Bungle) guesting and the other instrumental will have Devin Townsend (SYL, DTB) and Michael Manring showing their stuff. There will also be one cover song recorded and 9 other originals that I have written, which will have other special guest's like Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah), Byron Stroud (SYL, Fear Factory), Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane, NHL) among others. Jeremy Glen (ex-God Awakens Petrified) is still on board to do all the vocals which he will be writing. I'm not a singer so I've left all the writing for melodies to Jeremy, who is an amazing songwriter in his own right. We both are writing the Lyrics for the album, which is working out really well.

The vibe of the album is pretty damn heavy with some screamin' catchy vocals. I've recorded more than half the album in Pre-Production form and am producing the hell out of it. I'll be producing the whole record as well. Dave Young (10 Ways from Sunday, DTB) is kicking ass on guitar. This guy is truly amazing and is pulling off some crazy guitar stuff......you'll all hear soon....

I'm also recording video footage of this project from start to finish, as we go along. Hopefully I'll be able to release a making-of-video when the album is released, to show how it was put together. The time has come to finally get this album under way and I'm really excited about it. Expect some heavy-ass music !!!

The last bit of news I have is session related...

I'll be recording a couple song's for Engineer Ken Burke (The Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLaughlin, and Moist). He has a Punk Project and decided to get me to guest on a couple of his song's. I'll be going in on Tuesday June 27th at the Pacific Audio Visual Studios here in Vancouver to record these songs with him. When the songs are completely done and recorded, I'll try and sneak some RVP Punk style drumming on an MP3 for you all.

Well thats all for now. Enjoy the summer people ....it's absolutely awesome outside right now ! Until next time...

All the best,

RVP

#125121 by IronMaiden736
Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:20 am
Sounds awesome. I can't wait!!! You're drum work is fucking amazing, and you have become my favorite drummer in the year or so I've been listening to your work. Keep kicking ass.

P.S. - Do a tour with one of your bands to San Francisco, CA so I can meet you!

#125233 by sj_2150
Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:12 am
BOO-YAH!