The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#114147 by KevDog
Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:07 pm
Hey Ryan, I heard you say that you never met the other guys from NHL until they came out here for the Darkane show. If thats the case, and they sent you the music to record drums in Vancouver, how did you know what to play? Did you just do your own thing, or was there dialogue back and forth and sending of what you had done to have them listen to it a bunch of times?
#114290 by Drumdude13
Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:11 pm
KevDog wrote:Hey Ryan, I heard you say that you never met the other guys from NHL until they came out here for the Darkane show. If thats the case, and they sent you the music to record drums in Vancouver, how did you know what to play? Did you just do your own thing, or was there dialogue back and forth and sending of what you had done to have them listen to it a bunch of times?

To answer your question.....

It was a bit of both. Christofer sent me all the songs demo'ed with drum machine parts. I followed the drum machine parts as a guide for the songs and then put my touch on everything. We were emailing eachother all the time with our different ideas and stuff. In the end Chris just trusted my judgement and we went from there. We were both very happy with the end result. I love this album and am very proud of it, as is Christofer !

Hope that answers your question bro.

Gotta' go to sleep now, we're in a Hotel in Dryden, Ontario right now.....we're almost home from the Opeth tour. Another couple days of driving....... :sad:

All the best,

RVP

#114291 by KevDog
Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:37 pm
Hey Thanks a lot Ryan.
Thats a pretty solid answer, so ya, it answers my question :). Hope the rest of your guys' drive goes smoothly.

#114332 by Biert
Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:35 am
KevDog wrote:Hope the rest of your guys' drive goes smoothly.

Just don't let Dave drive :wink: