The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#95143 by Drumdude13
Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:39 am
Here's my latest update from http://www.rvpdrums.com

Nov 14th 2005

It's been a while people since I've updated you all. It's been a very busy last couple of months ! So here's tons of news that includes some Devin Townsend Band and Non-Human Level news as well....

First of all, I'll update you all on the new DTB record. I have now had the final copy of the album for the past 4-5 days. I've probably listened to the full album about 15-20 times in the time that I've had a copy. What I'm about to say is 100% MY OPINION !

I'll try to keep it short.....

The brand new DTB album titled "Synchestra" is hands down the best Devin Townsend Solo album that I think he has ever done. I would go as far as to say that this is probably one of Dev's best albums EVER ! Musically this album is way more progressive than "Accelerated Evolution" and probably one of the most progressive album's in Dev's solo collection.

Everything, including the artwork (designed by Geoffrey Rousselot) for the CD is amazing and top notch. Hearing Steve Vai play what he played on the song "Triupmh" is stunning as well and it also shows why he is one of the best guitar players on the planet today. It was an honour to hear Mr. Vai play on this album, I'm glad that Dev asked him .

As for my description of the album, here we go:

This album is truly as epic as it gets for Dev's solo stuff. It has uplifting moments, dark moments, intense moments, even humourous moments, you gotta' have fun too, right ? The overall vibe when you listen to this album is'nt just epic but it can be very overwhelming. The most important advice I can give to any of you DTB fans out there, is when you get this album, listen to it from start to finish, you have to.

Synchestra is a 65 minute, musical story or journey that you get sucked right into. Everytime I listen to Synchestra I'm in awe of the album and wonder what the hell just happened to me, it gives you such a gratifying feeling, I have a good feeling you'll all feel the same way.

This is hands down one of my all time favourite albums EVER ! It was truly an honour to be part of this album. IMO Dev is a genius and Dave, Brian and Mike are the perfect guys for the DTB, you'll hear why soon. It's an honour to be playing with such talented musicians and awesome friends. Again, this write-up is just my opinion but I stand 150% behind every word I just wrote and I'm not going back ! Early 2006, Synchestra is coming.

In other news, Non-Human Level which features Christofer Malmstrom-Guitars (Darkane), Peter Wildoer-Vocals (Darkane's drummer), Gustaf Hielm-Bass (ex-Meshuggah) and me on drums has now been released in Europe so far. There have been awesome reviews on this debut album in Europe. The album will be getting released in North Amercia in early 2006 and in Japan and everywhere else pretty soon. This is another album that turned out awesome !

If you want a straight-up Thrash/Metal album with insane guitar solo's then buy this record ! Again, this is another project that I'm extremely proud of and I was honoured to be part of it as well.

I've been hired to play a show for a local Vancouver band called Veer on November 26th at the Brickyard. It's rock music that I play to samples and a click track live. Some cool rock music with tasty drumming. I get to show more of a Daves Matthewish side of my drumming which is cool.

For all you drummers out there, I got my new kit from my Pearl Endorsement. It's a Pearl Reference Series kit. It's very classy and beautiful looking and it sounds amazing. The color is like a Woodgrain Fade color. Perfect for the DTB ! For pic's and details of it you can go to the RVP Drums Forums under the "Gear" section and check it out. Hope ya' drummers dig it !

Thanks to "Redge" (my awesome Pearl Rep), Paul, and all at Pearl for all the help. These people seriously rule !

Lastly, RVP Drums.com is going to get a facelift. Geoffrey Rousselot, my webmaster, designer, and good friend will be working with me to re-design the whole site. It's going to look bad ass. We have some great ideas brewing. The site should be done in a months time or so. I'll give ya'll a new update when the new site is launched. Until then, take care and prepare for Synchestra !

All the best,

RVP

#95297 by Catatonik
Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:29 pm
Rock on man, good to hear.

I am now eagerly awaiting Synchestra with anticipation and impatience.