The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#82249 by Drumdude13
Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:12 pm
Hey Everyone,

Here's the RVP Drums updates for July 2005...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12th 2005

I have some really cool news about the Lalu Project and the Russell Bergquist Solo Project and the hilarious "RVP Drumming Prank Video" from the past is back, read on......

Vivien Lalu contacted me about recording the follow up album to his debut CD - "Oniric Metal", which was released earlier this year (March 2005). Lalu's "Oniric Metal" has been getting excellent reviews worldwide and many critics have listed it as one of the best releases through Lion Music and one of the better Prog releases this year !

I enjoyed recording "Oniric Metal" and on that reason alone, I agreed to record his second album in 2006. He said he will use the same lineup as the "Oniric Metal" album:

Martin LeMar - Vocals (Tommorrows Eve)
Joop Wolters - Guitars (Arabesque)
Russell Bergquist - Bass Guitar (ex-Annihilator)

.....along with another special guest drummer for a couple songs....... Virgil Donati !!!!! Virgil is one of the top session drummers out there today and he's a huge inspiration for myself and many drummers worldwide. Virgil's known for his work in Planet X, Soul SirKus and countless sessions. Virgil had already recorded some songs for Vivien a while ago and those song's will appear on Lalu's 2nd album which he has titled "Temporal". It will be an honour for me to play on another Lalu album and to share drumming duties with such an amazing drummer like Virgil Donati !

In other news, I have just been informed that I'll be recording the drumtracks for Russell Bergquist's (ex-Annihilator Bassist) Solo EP on July 18th at Greenhouse Studios. Russ and I have been jamming his songs consistently over the last few weeks and it's sounding really tight and good to go ! I'll have photos and hopefully some video footage of this session to share with you all when it's done !

Lastly, the RVP Prank Video is back ! This is the video of me playing the song "Truth" with the DTB Live in Italy 2003. It was the last show of the tour...... so my drum tech and Steve Wheeler (Drummer from Zimmers Hole) decided to prank me with some very cold ice, while I was playing drums..... pretty funny stuff. You can go to the HDR Website and in the Fan Section you can download this video and a few other "Live" DTB videos as well, even with the SYL lineup !

Hope you enjoy it..... Playing blind with ice being poured down your back is a weird experience !

Until next time,

All the best,

RVP

#82343 by TinyTears007
Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:15 pm
Wow, great update!

The most interesting point was definitely... LALU 2!!! I only just discovered the brilliance that is Lalu - Oniric Metal and I'm about to get a follow up already? :D Also its awesome to hear its going to be the same lineup, you guys meshed together so well on the first album and I was hesitant to see if there would be any changes for the next one. Guess not! :D