The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#69075 by Drumdude13
Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:18 pm
Hey everyone,
I thought I would start putting all my rvpdrums.com updates up on this board for everyone to see. Whenever I have an update on my website, I'll throw it up here as well. I know... a lot of this stuff you guy's will have already read on these Forums BUT there will be some news that only get's announced on my site first. So here we go, first, some cool news about my solo project....

Jan 2005

Happy New Year everyone ! I hope you all had a safe and fun time over the Holidays. All the best to all of you in 2005. I know this is going to be a busy year for myself ! Here's some cool news for you all.....

Just when you thought all my guest appearances were done for my solo album..... I've added one final guest to the list. Byron Stroud (Bassist for SYL, Fear Factory, Zimmers Hole) has joined the guest list to play on a track on my upcoming solo release. I've known Byron for a quite a while now. He's an awesome guy, who is easy to work with and his Bass playing will fit perfectly on one of the many heavy song's I've written for my recording. I'm stoked about him playing on the album and I'm looking forward to working with him. Byron will be the final guest spot addition to the album. Due to all the different guest's schedules, the album will start recording in May - June 2005. This will allow for everyone to have their parts down and for the recording to go smoothly. I'm hoping to release the album for late Summer to early Fall 2005. Keep posted.....

I'm also very close to recording the drum tracks for Non-Human Level. I'll probably be setting studio time up with Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane), for the next month or two at the latest, here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Jay Van Poederooyen (My Brother) will be recording the drum tracks. The studio in which we will be recording at will be decided on shortly. I have most of the album memorized and am looking forward to laying down some crazy drumming for this project ! NHL is almost ready to destroy !

To finish up, I will be learning all of Russell Bergquist's (ex-Annihilator Bassist) solo album as soon as the Non-Human Level album is recorded. Russ' album will be the next recording I do after NHL and then on to my Solo album. Let's not forget that the new Devin Townsend Band album is being worked on as well. There is no confirmed time for when this recording will begin but all I can say is that the material for this new album is AMAZING ! It will be worth the wait.....trust me. So there it is kid's, lot's of RVP stuff on the go. 2005 will be a busy one and hopefully a ground-breaking one as well. Talk soon.......Later.

#69107 by LouiLoomis
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:04 am
Sounds good, Ryan! Byron is the man. But how do write a solo album as a drummer? Do you play guitar as well? :?

#69115 by Drumdude13
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:36 am
LouiLoomis wrote:Sounds good, Ryan! Byron is the man. But how do write a solo album as a drummer? Do you play guitar as well? :?

Good question....

Yes I play a little guitar but I also have the vision in my head. So it's a combination of knowing where to go on the guitar mixed with singing the parts. It's a very unique way of writing that has worked out very well for me in the past with God Awakens Petrified (my ex-band). This time Dave Young (DTB Ivory Tickler :lol: ) will be the guy I'll have transpose my ideas like Grant ( ex-GAP Guitar Player) did for me when we wrote GAP song's in the past. It's hard to explain but it works out perfectly ! It's gonna be a cool record....

#69118 by BlueRaja
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:58 am
You sing too Ryan? Or maybe I'm not reading your last post right.:)

Busy boy!

#69120 by Guest
Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 am
Yes, he sings and he plays flute too ... This is a hippie record :P

#69123 by BlueRaja
Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:22 am
Oh, there's a joke in there somewhere.

#69124 by Guest
Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:24 am
I swear I don't know whose flute is it !!! :censor:

#69172 by Drumdude13
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:30 pm
BlueRaja wrote:You sing too Ryan? Or maybe I'm not reading your last post right.:)

Busy boy!

I can sing backgrounds and what not. I did with GAP, but I'm not good enough to sing lead vocals. I can hum out ideas and get the point across or play rhythm's on the guitar to show people what I mean, when writing a song.

#69174 by LouiLoomis
Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:17 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:I can hum out ideas and get the point across or play rhythm's on the guitar to show people what I mean, when writing a song.

Doesn't that get quite frustrating though?

#69195 by Drumdude13
Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:03 am
LouiLoomis wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:I can hum out ideas and get the point across or play rhythm's on the guitar to show people what I mean, when writing a song.

Doesn't that get quite frustrating though?

Nope...have'nt run into it being frustrating yet, don't forget that I can always play the exact beat that is going to happen, with the riff. You definitly have to have a good musical connection with the person/people you are writing with. I had that in GAP and I'll have that same connection with Dave Young as well. I've already written a couple song's, for my album, with my brother in the last couple months and the song's are pretty friggin' cool. There was no frustration or problems and we were both happy with the end result !

Devin, for example, hummed or sang out certain drum beats to me for some song's on AE and this new album to get his vision or point across for the song. It has worked out nicely.... It's definitely a musical connection between 2 people to make it work.
Last edited by Drumdude13 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

#69205 by beavis christ
Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:50 am
I can hum out ideas and get the point across or play rhythm's on the guitar to show people what I mean, when writing a song.

Dude I dont quite know about this solo album, with you HUMMING out your ideas??????? :lol: :lol:

#69206 by Guest
Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:56 am
Oh oh oh ...

I see a DTB virtual street fighting comin'up that way :twisted:

#69211 by beavis christ
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:08 am
You know Ryan is my favorite dtb member to make fun of. :twisted:

#69212 by Guest
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:11 am
I know Brain ... ah ah ah ...

Well, that's true, he is a funny guy. And what is this story about this solo record ? Canadian Folklore music ? Who plays flute on it finally ? I must admit I'm a bit lost. And no one ever told me Dev would play banjo on it !!!

:twisted:

Geoff

#69213 by Guest
Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:12 am
By the way ... I miss the avatar war !!! :roll: