The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#68709 by Olive?
Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:31 am
From Blabbermouth:

Lion Music has set a March 25 release date for LALU's "Oniric Metal", a new "heavy-prog" project featuring drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen (THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND) and bassist Russell Bergquist (ex-ANNIHILATOR) alongside French composer Vivien Lalu (SHADRANE). Also featured on this record, which is said to be musically similar to DREAM THEATER and SYMPHONY X, are guitar virtuoso Joop Wolters and singer Martin LeMar from TOMORROW'S EVE. Download a full-length MP3 of the track "Yesterdayman" at this location.

For more information on LALU, go to http://www.lalusworld.com.

I've listened to the song. Great drumming Ryan, as always!!

#68719 by LouiLoomis
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:28 am
Just listened to the track, amazing stuff and awesome drumming. Nice one Ryan!

#68723 by Guest
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:10 pm
Oniric Metal is an awesome album. I had the chance to hear this record from the first demos until the finished products with Ryan on drums, Martin Lemar on vocals, Russ Bergquist on bass and Vivien (jack sparrow, ex-mod) on keys : THIS IS AWESOME !!!

You have some pics of the LALU team in the album. Viv is an awesome composer and friend. I'm very proud about what he does. Also Ryan drum parts on this record are incredible, i think this is one of his best drumming so far ... I f you like Dream Theater then you will love LALU.

My favourite track is NIGHT IN POENARI. I never heard anything like this. This is a heavy opera track with insane drums parts

Geoff

#68724 by Drumdude13
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:15 pm
Cool ! Thanks for the kind words guy's, it was a ton of fun recording this record. There is some whacked out drummin' thru this album and some amazing guitar playing along with amazing Keyboards, Vocals, Bass playing, Songwriting....I think you get the hint :lol:

I hope Viv's album does well for himself. He deserves it, he's another one of those damn talented Frenchmen and a great guy ! When it comes out...check out the song "Potboy" (he may have changed the name), It's a friggin' 18 minute long song...enough said :twisted:

#68727 by Guest
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:17 pm
POTBOY: THE FINAL FANTASY

Poor Ryan ah ah ah ... What a crazy track ... Well Vivien is crazy anyway

:)

#68734 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:41 pm
woah, that was an awesome song! So Sparrow composed all the music? That´s pretty awesome! Also Ryan´s drumming is excellent on that track. Completely different from the drum work on AE and I love diversity. I like Dream Theater but sometimes the vocals are really a pain in my ears so I really like the vox on this song better as well. Thumbs up!

#68738 by EternalMetal
Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:01 pm
just listened to about 4 minutes of this song and really like it. I want some more of it, now :)

Well, thia is another release in march i am looking forward to, along with SYL's Alien and the SYL show at the Troc. I cant wait for March :)

#68746 by Guest
Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:33 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote: I like Dream Theater but sometimes the vocals are really a pain in my ears so I really like the vox on this song better as well. Thumbs up!

ah ah ah MARTIN !!! The LALU singer comes from Bavaria's anus too my friend ... I love his voice, it sounds very Geoff Tate ...

#68754 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:20 pm
well, I´m not sure if he´s straight from Bavaria´s Anus like I am but he´s Bavarian? Wooo hooo, are you serious? Now that blows the shit out of me...cool! Just checked the site and yes, the face looks familiar...he´s aka William Turner on here right? I knew he was German but didn´t know that he´s with Lalu and that he´s Bavarian. Thanks for the info buddy!

#68755 by Drumdude13
Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:24 pm
Martin's a wicked guy and an amazing singer as you can now hear ! Wait for the album to come out and you can see what he can really do ! Viv got some incredible musicians on his album. The Bass and guitar work is amazing as well.

#68757 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:28 pm
yeah and since Martin is Bavarian, the chances are good that I´ll be able to purchase it in Bavaria´s Anus as well! Horrah! Wellllllll, another CD on my to-get-list \m/

#68761 by Guest
Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:Martin's a wicked guy and an amazing singer as you can now hear ! Wait for the album to come out and you can see what he can really do ! Viv got some incredible musicians on his album. The Bass and guitar work is amazing as well.

I don't even speak about his webmaster !!! what a kick ass troll lol

#68806 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:55 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:yeah and since Martin is Bavarian

sorry, afaik he's not from Bavaria but from Saarland...that's what he told me in Baarlo