The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#66731 by Drumdude13
Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:30 am
Hey Everyone,

Just to keep you up to date on the RVP session happenings.....

I'm currently, finishing off, learning the Non-Human Level record. This album features Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane) with Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah) on Bass, Peter Wildoer (Darkane's Drummer !!! :shock: ) on Vocals and me on drums. It's basically Christofer Malmstroms solo album.

I'm supposed to have this album learnt within the next month or so, for recording. It will be recorded either at Greenhouse Studio's, the Armoury Studio's or at the Warehouse (Bryan Adams studio)....budget will decide this. My real life brother, Jay Van Poederooyen will be recording the drumsound for this album. He has consistently got my best drum sounds thru the years and will continue to do so on this album. Christofer recently told me that we will be releasing this album thru a record label sometime in 2005. The rest of the recording will take place in Sweden with Christofer producing it.

The run down.... a Thrash metal album is what this will basically turn out to be. One of the song's is even a song that was going to be on the new Darkane record but Christofer opted to put it on the NHL album instead. Lot's of fast drumming and stupid time signatures, if you've heard Darkane, then you'll have a pretty good idea of how Christofer writes. Throwing Gustaf and myself into the mix should definitely make thing's musically interesting on this record. Having Peter Wildoer (smokin' drummer) singing instead of drumming will be just as interesting. I've heard some samples of him screamin' some stuff and he sounds pretty fuckin' cool !

So there it is. When I go to start the recording (which will be very soon) I'll update and let you all know. I will probably have some video footage recorded and posted on my website when this happens as well......you can see the shit go down as it happened.... 8)

Later......

RVP.

#66740 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:24 am
Cool stuff, thanks for the update!

I look forward very much to this...almost as much as your solo project.

Hope it all goes well!

#66779 by Persuader
Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:40 am
Sounds great, a clash of the titans! Good luck to ya fellow skinwhipper, make us proud. ;)

#66868 by mo
Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:05 pm
yeah sweet
sounds very interesting

#67709 by Rusted Angel
Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:31 am
Hey Ryan and everybody else!

I thought I should check in and say hi too! I´m very excited about this as well, and Im also very proud to have you Ryan playing the drums on this one!! I´m sure it will kick ass! Couldn´t have got better musicians! It will be a blast (along with Sweden finally kicking Canada in the world cup hockey final 2005!!! :twisted: )

As soon as the Darkane recording is over and Ryan has recorded his part I will start working on it with Gustaf and Peter. It should be out after the summer!

Take care!

Christofer - Darkane/Non-Human Level

#68203 by hog
Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:18 pm
Hey Christofer!!!! looking forward to hearing all you guys on this album! :D

#72478 by Drumdude13
Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 am
Hey everyone,

I'm off to record Non-Human Level today !!!

I won't be around the boards for a few days or so. I'll answer whatever questions are asked when I get back from this session ! I hope you're all doing fine.......time to go lay down some crazy shit !!!! Talk soon....

All the best,

RVP

#72509 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:38 pm
cool. Please share your experiences and impressions from the sessions with us.

Hope you had fun!!!

#72515 by Persuader
Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:45 am
Rusted Angel wrote:Hey Ryan and everybody else!

I thought I should check in and say hi too! I´m very excited about this as well, and Im also very proud to have you Ryan playing the drums on this one!! I´m sure it will kick ass! Couldn´t have got better musicians! It will be a blast (along with Sweden finally kicking Canada in the world cup hockey final 2005!!! :twisted: )

As soon as the Darkane recording is over and Ryan has recorded his part I will start working on it with Gustaf and Peter. It should be out after the summer!

Take care!

Christofer - Darkane/Non-Human Level

Hey man, cool you´re posting here, making all of us drool with anticipation... :) Can´t wait to hear NHL and the new Darkane, thrasha hårt! :twisted:

#72540 by EternalMetal
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:47 pm
Cool, sounds like a good record and i cant wait to get a hold of it.

#72686 by Drumdude13
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:36 pm
Hey everyone,

Just got back from Greenhouse Studio's ! Non-Human Level is done !!!!

This is album is just insane !!! It was a very cool session, we got a huge drum sound along with some awesome takes for the album. If you drummers/people out there like double bass drumming mixed with cool time signatures and METAL...... then you'll dig this record ! LOL !

I recorded the album in basically 2 and a half days ! We spent the first half of the first day getting drum sounds. I wish I could have recorded the album over 4 or 5 days cuz we had some late night's due to the 3 day recording restriction.....in the end everything turned out great and I'm very proud of this recording. I'll be sending the drum tracks off to Christofer Malmstrom and now the rest of the guy's can lay down the rest of the album.....

Christofer mentioned that they were looking for an "End of summer" release for this record. When I find out exactly what date it is, I'll post it here on the Forums. The album will be released thru Listenable Records in France.

Lastly, I got some video footage and pic's of the session which I'll be putting up on my website in a week or so. Keep posted at http://www.rvpdrums.com and you can see some of the stuff that went down in the studio !

Anyways, I'm bagged and need sleep. Hope you're all fine, talk soon....

Ryan VP.

#72696 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:46 pm
you make me even more curious about that album...didn't know that it could still grow though :D

#79400 by Drumdude13
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:21 am
An update on Non-Human Level for ya'll......

All the drumtracks, all the guitar tracks and guitar solo's are completely finished. The most recent news, straight from Christofer Malmstroms website, is right here for ya'...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 8th 2005

Last weekend Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah) paid a visit to Helsingborg to record the bass for my solo project Non-Human Level. Gustaf nailed the bass for all tracks in just one day, and the result is amazing! Gustaf is not only a great allround musician, but also a great (and crazy) personality, and we had lots of fun during his stay here. Coming up in the recording phase is Peter´s vocals which will start in about a week.

Stay metal and have a great summer!

Christofer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The album will be released through Listenable Records. The projected time for this album to be released will be in Setember/October 2005. When I get an exact date....I'll post it in this very thread ! Stay posted for more NHL news to come.....

RVP

#79401 by fragility
Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:33 am
Thanks for the update. I really can't wait :)

#80773 by Drumdude13
Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:58 am
OK..........

Non-Human Level is nearing the end of the recording process. Peter Wildoer (Darkanes Drummer) is laying down the vocals as I write this update for you guy's ! Peter started vocals yesterday and he should be done within the week from what Christofer Malmstrom said to me. Then on to mixing and mastering the CD. Then off to the record label (Listenable Records), print 'em up and have it released for the end of summer !!!!

It's going to be a cool album and we even covered "I Wanna be Somebody" a WASP tune, done NHL Heavy style !!! I think that song is only for the Japanese "Special Edition" release....but we'll see :twisted: I'm with you all in the fact that I can't wait to hear this sucker done !!!!! I put a ton of hard work and time into this session, it'll be nice to hear it completed !

More news as it comes....

RVP