The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#60550 by Persuader
Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:04 am
..is just the worst thing in my oppinion, can´t handle it. What about you Ryan, you always play sober or can you handle a lager/spliff before a gig? Any worst case scenarios to share with us? ;)
Just after a few beers every strike and kick gets soo much more hard to get right for me. You lose the technique and start beating away with your arms instead of wrists, which is really exhausting. :knocked:

#60564 by Olive?
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:01 am
I agree.
I cannot drum well if I'm drunk, so I drink very few before playing live (but I enjoy the aftershow!! :lol: ); I drink a lot of water and sometimes one or two "Red Bulls" Energy Drinks.

Once or twice happened that I played drunk, but even if I had a lot of fun, I really sucked!! :lol: :roll: :oops:

#60568 by fragility
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:09 am
I've always wondered how musicians play when drunk!

#60754 by Spanky
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:13 pm
hmm cant do it. well never actually tried to find out

#60756 by Drumdude13
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:15 pm
I never play drunk. NEVER ! I can't play drums drunk. I always have a couple beers before I go on stage though, just to calm thing's down. I get so excited about playing live, it's the best "Rush" in the world ! I agree, too many beers and you get sluggish and tired behind the kit.

I never spliff before playing, I just can't drum when I'm all spliffed up ! I always save that for after a show, if I'm into it at the moment. Brian and Dev cover that area very well :lol:

#60757 by mo
Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:16 pm
I played my first gig stoned and it wasn't as good as it could've been. The weed pretty much wore off as soon as I got on the stage thanks to the adrenaline. But it was still a mix of adrenaline and weed, it made me more reserved and I wasn't as psychotic as I normally would be.

I can play with a few drinks but not drunk, some of our songs are pretty fast.

#60815 by Persuader
Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:53 am
Drumdude13 wrote:I never play drunk. NEVER ! I can't play drums drunk. I always have a couple beers before I go on stage though, just to calm thing's down. I get so excited about playing live, it's the best "Rush" in the world ! I agree, too many beers and you get sluggish and tired behind the kit.

I never spliff before playing, I just can't drum when I'm all spliffed up ! I always save that for after a show, if I'm into it at the moment. Brian and Dev cover that area very well :lol:

Yeah, one or two I can handle, but the wait between soundcheck and gig is dangerous. Sitting there tapping your knee, "What to do, what to do, what to do...Oh HELLO mr beer!" ;)

Playing live is indeed the best rush ever.

#60823 by Guest
Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:35 am
Drumdude13 wrote:if I'm into it at the moment. Brian and Dev cover that area very well :lol:

Really ? Everything mixed with french fries ... YES !!!

#60891 by simen_88
Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:31 am
Turbonegro once said that you need a sixpack before playing their music.
Last edited by simen_88 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#60897 by bloodredcurls
Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:07 am
I once played drunk and actually tipped my drumstool back and splattered on the ground behind me. Very cool indeed :?

#60917 by ForceFed
Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 am
This local band we have sometimes asks me to play with them (usually country covers so it's not that demanding). Once, I played while fairly pissed, I had a few whiskey&cokes in me, and I also indulged in some illegal substances...heh...needless to say playing was more of a hassle. I remember thinking the sound of my snare was funny, and laughed through much of the three songs I barely got through.

#65294 by beavis christ
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:07 am
I agree with Ryan. HE shouldnt smoke and play. :lol:

#65296 by Guest
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:15 am
We want more details Beavis !!!

#65298 by beavis christ
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:21 am
Well lets just say that when he was playing with Evenlight we had a rule :twisted: and no matter how hard he tried to say no I somehow got him to partake. Hes a good sport. :lol: