The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#78828 by Drumdude13
Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:58 pm
Here are the latest RVP Drums updates, which just got posted on my website today !

June 2nd 2005

Hey Everybody ! Well, I'm still keeping very busy with the different albums I'm working on. Here's some updates on what's happening...

Devin Townsend just recently got back from tour with SYL, they are supporting their "Alien" album...get it if you don't have it, it's awesome stuff ! Basically he had a 2 week break from touring and we have been working on the new Devin Townsend Band record. We have been rehearsing our asses off for the last couple weeks, getting the album tight and learning the remaining songs and trying new ideas. This album has so many different "feels" and "themes" going on in it. I find this new record to be quite diverse and epic compared to an album
like "Accelerated Evolution", which was written to be a more straight ahead rock album. Dev has ton's of cool ideas up his sleeve for this album which he has named "Synchestra". We will be back rehearsing full time in August and start to record this record in Aug/Sept 2005 and
trust me... It will be worth the wait. This album is awesome in so many different ways and I can't wait to get into the studio to record it !

As for Non-Human Level. Christofer Malmstrom just emailed me to tell me that all the guitar tracks and guitar solo's are done ! He say's that all the tracks sound awesome with the drums and now we are onto Bass tracks with Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah) who will be laying down the madness. Gustaf will start tracking on Sunday June 7th. Then onto vocals and mixing. Listenable Records wants to have the album released for September 2005. I'll keep you up to date as more news comes in about this crazy Thrash Metal album....

I've got another couple weeks of rehearsing with Russ Bergquist (ex-Annihilator Bassist) and then we will be recording the drum tracks for his 5 song solo EP, which should be released later this year. We will be recording some video footage of us jamming his stuff and you will be
able to see these video clips very soon....stay posted.

My solo album is still under way but moving slowly due to the amount of session work I have to finish and the DTB record. Most of the guest's I have for the album are pretty busy this summer with touring... so it's working out pretty good. I aim to start recording my solo project in
October 2005. I have about half the album written and have a ton of very cool ideas for the rest of the album, which should be fully written by July.... then I'll start doing some pre-production and rehearse it up until I record in October. More to come...

Lastly,I would like to congratulate the following RVP Drums Forum members on winning the signed Evans drumskins (used for the NHL drum
recording), signed by all the Non-Human Level members from the NHL contest/giveaway.

Daniel Roberts from the USA
Hans-Gerhard Weinreich from Germany
Pete Soz from the UK

It was a great time and thanks to all who showed up to chat with Christofer Malmstrom and myself. A good time was had by all. I'll be
announcing another very cool RVP Drums Forum contest/giveaway very soon.

Until the next update.... take care everyone !

RVP

#78875 by Persuader
Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:33 am
Wow, you have your hands full, to say the least! :)
Synchestra is one anticipated album. Something to keep us warm during the cold dark winter, I´m sure it´ll be great!
But first we get the autumn-freakout with NHL...Good times ahead!!

#78887 by Drumdude13
Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:41 am
Persuader wrote:Wow, you have your hands full, to say the least! :)
Synchestra is one anticipated album. Something to keep us warm during the cold dark winter, I´m sure it´ll be great!
But first we get the autumn-freakout with NHL...Good times ahead!!

Well said bro......

These are exactly my thoughts as well !

#78916 by Persuader
Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:33 pm
Oh the envy Ryan...hehe. So many great projects/bands your collaborating with! Don´t catch blisters now will ya? ;)

#79056 by Drumdude13
Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:45 am
Persuader wrote:Oh the envy Ryan...hehe. So many great projects/bands your collaborating with! Don´t catch blisters now will ya? ;)

Yeah, 2005 has been a really cool year for me so far. I'm really excited about every project that I'm involved in (DTB, NHL, Lalu, Russ Bergquist and my Solo project) ! It's been lot's of hard work....but worth every minute of it !

Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah Bass Player) starts recording his tracks for Non-Human Level today !!!! I can't wait to hear his Bass playing to my drumming ! I am such a huge fan of Meshuggah and to be able to play with someone like Gustaf on an album is VERY cool and an honour to me ! This album is going to be cool !

I'm most excited about the new DTB though.....this album is so Emotional and Epic, that I just can't stop thinking about it !!!! August is too far away, in my books, for recording the new DTB !!!!!! Then I still have Russ' album to record and my Solo album. Dave Young and I are practicing some amazing stuff for the instrumental song that Dev will play on with Michale Manring. It's fucking crazy !!!! So much going on.....

Lastly, the funny thing is....I never get blisters, until I started rehearsing with 4 different projects at the same time over the last couple month's or so !!!! The painful part is gone now.....now the blister has turned into a hard skin and I'm pounding the drums as hard as usual !!!!

RVP

#79079 by Persuader
Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:03 pm
August seems far away indeed...
Yeah my skin works the same way, blisters when I haven´t played in a while, then hard skin and it´s all good. :)

#79096 by CardDinour
Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:03 pm
ok i gotta finally know..

how do drummers do solo albums ? ;)

are you going to write all the music and lyrics and then just get guests in the perform on various songs while you rock out on the drum tracks?

#79106 by Drumdude13
Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:34 pm
CardDinour wrote:
Are you going to write all the music and lyrics and then just get guests in the perform on various songs while you rock out on the drum tracks?

Yes......that's exactly right. The only thing that I won't write will be Vocal melodies.....I'll leave them to be worked out with the singer I got for this album. Some song's will be co-written on the album. My brother and I, for example, co-wrote 2 song's on the record. Both song's are acoustic based and I love 'em both !

I'm basically working everything out with Dave Young on all the guitars, so when it's recorded, everyone who's involved will hear the skeleton of the song. This will make it easy for them to understand their parts and I can take on my Producing role...... Here's a list of the people appearing on the album for ya' :

Vocals - Jeremy Glen (God Awakens Petrified)
Guitar - Dave Young (DTB, 10 Ways From Sunday)
Lead Guitar - Devin Townsend
Lead Guitar - Alex Skolnick (Testament, Alex Skolnick Trio)
Lead Guitar - Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane, non-Human Level)
Bass - Trevor Dunn (Mr.Bungle, Fantomas)
Bass - Gustaf Hielm (Meshuggah)
Bass - Byron Stroud (SYL, Fear Factory)
Bass - Michael Manring (Bass Fuckin' God)
Bass - Russ Bergquist (ex-Annihilator)
Bass - Mike Young (DTB, 10 Ways From Sunday)
Samples n' Effects - Vvien Lalu (Lalu, Shadrane)

I could talk hour's about how I'm going to do this album, but I would'nt want to bore you all and i simply don't have the time :lol: It will have some Catchy Songwriting, Acoustic stuff, Thrash Metal, Jazz-Fusion Metal and straight up , kick ass, METAL !!!!!! I can't wait to start recording this sucker !

#79107 by CardDinour
Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:42 pm
wow thanks! sounds impressive :D hopefully it turns out to be one rockin album :D:D

#79118 by Drumdude13
Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:04 am
CardDinour wrote:wow thanks! sounds impressive :D hopefully it turns out to be one rockin album :D:D

That is definitely the plan bro...... I'm sure all the guest's will contribute some awesome playing to this record, as will I !!!!! I'm saving some of my craziest drumming just for this record..... :twisted:

There will also be some very focused songwriting too. It will be a nice mix..... 8)

#79191 by Jim Fear
Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:06 pm
Sounds slammin.Have fun making it :)

#79206 by TinyTears007
Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:50 am
So have you got a name kicking around for the solo project yet?

Will it be self titled simply 'RVP'? or maybe the complex route with something like 'Ryan Van Poederooyen's Drumtastic Drumming Drumarama'?

8)

#79209 by geoff
Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:07 am
It will be named "Ryan Van Poederooyen and the Holograms"