Speak your own language here...

#15762 by StrappingYoungLad
Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:15 pm
Coma Divine wrote:I have no idea. Who is he?
I don't know..i just made the name up for fun :D Last time i did something like that..all these people wrote back 'oh yeah, i think thats him' lol..

ANZAC day heh...does the rest of the world see the significance? Do most Australians even care?

Chris

#15767 by StrappingYoungLad
Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:35 pm
Seventhframe wrote:This is TOO funny to read!!! :lol:

And Soilworks new drummer kills!!

Why cobber? This is fair dinkum legit' lingo were speakin' 'ere. Its amayzin why people thing we 'ave an accent :D

Chris

#15773 by Coma Divine
Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:48 pm
StrappingYoungLad wrote:
ANZAC day heh...does the rest of the world see the significance? Do most Australians even care?

Chris
Well obviously as the number of Diggers dwindles to nought there won't be the same "personalisation" of the idea of ANZAC Day as there once was, but I think that increased numbers of young people taking an interest in their Country's history will keep the flame lit. Witness the large amounts at Gallipoli in the recent past - terrorist threat or not.
    There is a greater participation for ANZAC now than was definitely the case in the 70's. With the Vietnam War still a fresh memory then, anything "patriotic" was considered evil by the youth of the day and ANZAC Day was just a day off school...or another excuse to get blotto. :wink:
      And the rest of the world can go to buggery. :lol:

#15775 by StrappingYoungLad
      Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:51 pm
      Yeah i agree. I guess ANZAC day in 10 years will be the equivalent of a few metal bands i know (remembered...not forgotten. Respected, loved...but nothing but a memory in the hearts of many)

Chris

#16319 by Oz
      Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:08 am
      Coma Divine wrote:
      StrappingYoungLad wrote:

Chris
      Well obviously as the number of Diggers dwindles to nought there won't be the same "personalisation" of the idea of ANZAC Day as there once was, but I think that increased numbers of young people taking an interest in their Country's history will keep the flame lit. Witness the large amounts at Gallipoli in the recent past - terrorist threat or not.
        There is a greater participation for ANZAC now than was definitely the case in the 70's. With the Vietnam War still a fresh memory then, anything "patriotic" was considered evil by the youth of the day and ANZAC Day was just a day off school...or another excuse to get blotto. :wink:
          And the rest of the world can go to buggery. :lol:

disagree... you might think that when u really look at ur local area, but every year they show all the people making the pilgrimmage to anzac cove... thousands.

#16721 by TeamJonny
          Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:32 pm
          Strewth! Flaming mongrels!

#23965 by DimeWeed
          Thu May 20, 2004 9:58 pm
          Alf Stewart for PM!!!

#24950 by DimeWeed
          Tue May 25, 2004 10:03 pm
          Hungry Jacks is too yank for our Alfy

He's more of the burger (with beetroot and egg) you get from your local sketchy fish & chip shop, that turns yours hands purple, and that you have to take bites of all the way around to minimise sauce drippage.

#24955 by DimeWeed
          Tue May 25, 2004 10:20 pm
          ooh I agree entirely - i always have to do some serious extraction prior to munching - it just seems that as soon as someone (REPLACE faceless corporation here) wants to market an OZ burger, they just load it with the evil purple root.

Is grimis from maccas some form of mutant beetroot?