Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#303037 by JuZ
Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:28 pm
In Melbourne for the weekend so we trotted off to Springvale for some pho. Freaking delicious broth, I lapped up the last of it and was tempted to lick the bowl. Yum.
#303038 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:16 am
Watched my little sister last night and made tuna tacos (they ended up more like burritos). Had the remaining cheese and tortillas as quesadillas for lunch. Yum.
#304329 by Faffy
Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 am
Faffs' been cooking and baking again. Heeeere we go:

Buns without any flour, yeast or sugar. Approved by flour/yeast/sugar loving friends. The secret is cardamom.

Rhubarb cream/porridge/pudding/whatever. With mostly rhubarb, some strawberries, water and whatever sweetening you like.
Approved by my sugar-is-the-only-sweetening-for-me mum. Success!

Kind-of-sort-of-Moussaka for people who are lazy and don't eat potatoes. :P

Raspberry cream. Simply mix 1 egg white and 70g raspberries - frozen or not.

CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SPREAD!! AAAAH!

All recipes can be found here: http://goodshiplollypoop.blogspot.com
#304331 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 am
Salivating at those deserts. You have good recipes, Eli.
#304352 by Abydost
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 am
You know what's really good? Salsa and white bread. Indeed.

I had some amazing seafood in Panama, especially at this one place in Bocas Del Toro, where I had mahi mahi (local white fish) with a sort of sauce which they called "salsa cremosa" and some taters. That was amazing. But I don't have pictures of any. :(
#304427 by Faffy
Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Salivating at those deserts. You have good recipes, Eli.

I tried making mayonnaise yesterday. But it really failed. Mostly because I hate mayonnaise. :P
I also tried making lasagne.... but the "pasta" plates got waaaaay too thick. Quite a delicious calorie bomb though. :D
#304766 by izumix
Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 am
Faffy wrote:

I tried making mayonnaise yesterday. But it really failed. Mostly because I hate mayonnaise. :P
I also tried making lasagne.... but the "pasta" plates got waaaaay too thick. Quite a delicious calorie bomb though. :D

When I make mayonnaise, use the hand blender "Bamix".
Bamix is bit of expensive for kitchen tool, but this is very useful to make mayonnaise, fruits and milk juice, soup, etc.
If you don't have any of hand blender, you should bring it to your kitchen, I think.

#304767 by Keeker
Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 am
izumix wrote:
Faffy wrote:

When I make mayonnaise, use the hand blender "Bamix".
Bamix is bit of expensive for kitchen tool, but this is very useful to make mayonnaise, fruits and milk juice, soup, etc.
If you don't have any of hand blender, you should bring it to your kitchen, I think.

My hand blender broke last week after 20 years of faithful service. I will keep that one in mind when looking for a replacement.
#304775 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:18 pm
Speaking of mayonnaise, I had some with tuna pasta salad for lunch yesterday. It was niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
#304781 by JuZ
Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:28 am
Satay chicken for dinner tonight. No tamarind paste at the moment so it's not super authentic, but I'm exhausted and hungry so it'll taste bloody good anyway.

Also have massive cravings for pho right now but the best Viet restaurants in town for pho are all just a bit too far to be arsed making the trip tonight.
#305552 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:54 am
Mmmm... Winter food.
#305562 by fragility
Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 am
mmmmm, looks so yummy!

Just decided whether it's spicy cod and courgette couscous, or turkey escalopes for dinner tonight....but now I want that!
#305589 by Lettuce
Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am
Billy Rhomboid wrote:I would be concerned about how to drizzle the oil in evenly if using a stick blender to make mayonnaise tbh.

I thought that was odd too, I always do it in the Magimix. Do houmous in it too.

So yeah, I went to Makro today; stocked up on spirits and bar mixes, box of teeny straws. Made some fucking frozen daiquiris. Bitch loves frozen daiquiris.

Also bought a cookiegun. Easier than a piping bag but results are questionable.