Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#254880 by Amber
Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 pm
Chicken ramen and gyoza are my favourite things at the moment. Gyoza espeically. mmmmmmm.

I'm oddly fussy with food, and yet not fussy at all. I can't eat fish and shellfish, (allergic,) And I avoid cheese, tomato and pasta. But I'll try anything at least once. :D
#254889 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 pm
Coco-Pops with Yakult in lieu of milk is better than I thought.
#254890 by Octillus
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:15 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Coco-Pops with Yakult in lieu of milk is better than I thought.

White Russian Cereal, I learned at age 19, is not. :P
#254892 by daneulephus
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:56 pm
BlueRaja wrote:
daneulephus wrote:
BlueRaja wrote:I have a somewhat strict diet. The only meat I eat is chicken, turkey and seafood. I stopped drinking soda 10 years ago, and my sugar intake is pretty low. No white sauces, low sugar, low fat. I just feel better this way.

I love to cook, but I don't do it as often now that I'm single. It's just not as fun if you don't have another person to cook for.

Wow. This is me, almost to a T. I quit fast food last spring, and cut out red meat...only because both just make me feel like shit. NOT because I don't think they taste absolutely delicious. I find myself now eating lots of carb rich foods, but my vice is still cookies/chocolate. Instant gratification is hard to quit. I mean, I gave up drugs/alcohol/cigarettes, so I need SOMETHING right? lol

Oh, I LOOOOVE pasta and bread! :shock: Pasta is my weakness. And dark chocolate. I like to buy the really nice expensive bars and keep them in the fridge - I'll eat a piece or two at a time.

I also love cupcakes. I don't eat them all the time, but whenever I visit Starbucks to buy my ground coffee, I always buy a red velvet cupcake. :)

Yeah, pretty much my entire diet consists of various forms of chicken related pasta and rice dishes. I don't get sick of it either.

Starbucks too eh? We are kindred spirits.

I think I can hear Billy cringing...
#254901 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm
Octillus wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Coco-Pops with Yakult in lieu of milk is better than I thought.

White Russian Cereal, I learned at age 19, is not. :P

:lol: I think the worst food + alcohol experiment I ever tried was vanilla ice cream, scotch, and instant coffee granules (assebmled in that order). Taken from a book with otherwise great recipes where one could mix booze with food for dinner and dessert. The result was...it's as bad as it sounds. Real coffee grounds make it slightly better, but I don't recommend it unless you are in a "meh, why not" mood. I was also 19 at the time.
#254971 by Wosko
Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 am
how could you not like cheese its everywhere on everything so very tasty on macaronis and cheeseyburgers?
#254975 by ppinkham
Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 am
I fried up some elk heart tonight for dinner. I come from a family of hunters, but I never really took to it. I do like to eat the meat, though. When someone I know harvests a deer or an elk, I always ask them to save me the heart or liver. Well, I used to. I hadn't asked anyone to do that for several years, until this year.

This was the first time I ever cooked wild game for my wife and son. I forgot to take a picture, though. It looked something like this, but with mashed potatoes and asparagus on the side:

It was sooooooo good.
#254988 by JuZ
Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:06 am
Damn you all for making me hungry when I've already had dinner!

Food is a pretty decent part of my life. Our lives really, as my wife's become converted since we got together and now worships at the altar of food with me.

Made a nice roasted lamb leg the other night with crispy roast veg etc. Par-boiling the potatoes with garlic cloves makes all the difference - break up the surface before chucking them in the oven with some fresh rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil and they come out singing a song of lust to your tastebuds.
#254989 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:07 am
Tonight I only have pasta, "classic tomato" sauce, and peas.
Oh, and Death Sauce. Can't forget that!
#255002 by Persuader
Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:37 am
ppinkham wrote:I fried up some elk heart tonight for dinner. I come from a family of hunters, but I never really took to it. I do like to eat the meat, though. When someone I know harvests a deer or an elk, I always ask them to save me the heart or liver. Well, I used to. I hadn't asked anyone to do that for several years, until this year.

This was the first time I ever cooked wild game for my wife and son. I forgot to take a picture, though. It looked something like this, but with mashed potatoes and asparagus on the side:

It was sooooooo good.

I'm in the same seat, dad hunts and I eat. :)

If you can get your hands on it then I wholeheartedly (harr harr) recommend smoked moose heart, just delicious.
#255022 by sarai-chan
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 am
This week I've been mostly eating:

Macaroni, minced meat, eggs, milk, spices.
An hour in the oven and voilá, delicious goodness is here!

I love to cook, but hardly had time for it lately.
Been resorting on shop's freezy foods and spinach soup.

Ostritch was good, I got to taste it once.
I'd like to try kangaroo, but I can't because just the thought gives me a very guilty feeling.
It can't be right to eat them! :|
#255028 by BlueRaja
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:18 am
I made spaghetti puttanesca last night: olive oil, tomato, olives, capers, anchovies, Italian parsley, lots of chopped garlic and red pepper flakes, with sourdough bread. Lots of leftovers for the week!
#255046 by Tonya Elf
Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 am
Breakfast. Vegan pumpkin pie pancakes. Yum, motherfucking yum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#255051 by Billy Rhomboid
Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am
ppinkham wrote:I fried up some elk heart tonight for dinner. I come from a family of hunters, but I never really took to it. I do like to eat the meat, though. When someone I know harvests a deer or an elk, I always ask them to save me the heart or liver. Well, I used to. I hadn't asked anyone to do that for several years, until this year.

It was sooooooo good.

Sounds delicious, mate. We can only get elk when we're in Slovakia. Might have to smuggle some back with me next time. Brought almost a whole wild boar we had hunted back in a suitcase last time.

Have spaghetti carbonara this evening, with pancetta from our pigs, eggs from our hens, frozen peas from our garden and cheese made by my stepmother. Apple and cherry crumble in the oven for after, and huge vat of orange and grapefruit marmalade bubbling away. Cooking is the new rock n' roll.