Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#182628 by sj_2150
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:30 pm
so i have had an oldschool tube monitor for a long time on my pc and my brother has given me his LCD monitor. for a long time ive had an extra blurry picture with my tube monitor and i was thinking that it was the monitor itself until i switched to the LCD and noticed that the blurriness is still there. so im thinking that theres something wrong with the video card. I have a NIVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 video card.

is there any way i can fix this? possibly a program?
#182629 by AlucardXIX
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:38 pm
It could be the resolution you're running, plus that video card sounds like something made in the 90's.

Try changing your screen resolution to the native resolution of the monitor(should be the highest one, usually) or to any one that looks decent to you. Your video card can easily hinder your monitor from running it's native resolution.
#182637 by BrunoN
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 am
If you're running it in its native resolution and it's still blurry, then it's either bad VGA cable or card with particularly bad analog output (I doesn't have DVI out, does it?). I'd try to swap the cable, then card for something other, preferably with DVI out (if your LCD monitor can use it of course).
#182759 by Biert
Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:28 am
Maybe you just need a pair of glasses?
#182793 by BrunoN
Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 am
Lettuce wrote:I usually find that if I scrape the butter off the screen, I can see a little sharper.

I discovered frequent LOLing at the screen severely degrades image quality (lots of faux bad pixels).