Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#143660 by Bender
Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 am
Coma Divine wrote:
Bender wrote:BTW, anyother 40 something's around here who still love Dev's music, or SYL for that matter?
Shit, yeah. 8)

Call me "Big Daddy"! :lol:

And welcome! All are welcome...even Queenslanders. :wink:

(spoken as an ex-pat NSWman living in Victoria)

Heh, lol.

I'm an ex NSW's too. I still go for them in State of Origin. Grew uo in Sydney, and later on, Telegraph Pt (which is near Pt Macquarie).

When I was in the army I lived in Vic for a while....loved it down there.

Cheers, and thanks for the welcome. :D

#143678 by JuZ
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:11 am
Bender wrote:I can't find the post now, so I can't quote it.....

....but someone here is from Brisbane and commented on all the emo's that hang around the Hungry Jacks in the Queen Street Mall.

Anyhoo, they crack me up as well. They're all so, sniff, sensitive, y'now? Teen angst? Give me a fucking break. Wait til you hit 40....then you'll have something to bitch about. :lol:

....And I should know. Gulp.

BTW, anyother 40 something's around here who still love Dev's music, or SYL for that matter?

And hello everyone. I did write a big introductory post last week .....but the forum chewed it up for some reason, and I couldn't be stuffed doing it again in full.

The short version is : Hi, I'm new here, and I love lots of music. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Cheers.

Ha... that was me, strangely enough! Welcome to the forum, maaaate. The emo numbers seem to have thinned somewhat in the mall these days. Not sure if they've decided to take up a new hobby or just locked themselves in their rooms. Probably the latter! I'm not 40, but I'm old enough to know better than to waste time on forums... and I do it anyway.

#143679 by JuZ
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:14 am
Coma Divine wrote:
Bender wrote:BTW, anyother 40 something's around here who still love Dev's music, or SYL for that matter?
Shit, yeah. 8)

Call me "Big Daddy"! :lol:

And welcome! All are welcome...even Queenslanders. :wink:

(spoken as an ex-pat NSWman living in Victoria)

It's pronounced Quuueeeeeeeeeeeesnlandaaaaaaaah!

Oh, and I'm an ex-Canberran, turned Victorian, turned Queenslander. And, strangely enough, I love all three.

#143697 by Deth Warmdover
Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:00 pm
Bender wrote:I can't find the post now, so I can't quote it.....

....but someone here is from Brisbane and commented on all the emo's that hang around the Hungry Jacks in the Queen Street Mall.

Anyhoo, they crack me up as well. They're all so, sniff, sensitive, y'now? Teen angst? Give me a fucking break. Wait til you hit 40....then you'll have something to bitch about. :lol:

....And I should know. Gulp.

BTW, anyother 40 something's around here who still love Dev's music, or SYL for that matter?

And hello everyone. I did write a big introductory post last week .....but the forum chewed it up for some reason, and I couldn't be stuffed doing it again in full.

The short version is : Hi, I'm new here, and I love lots of music. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Cheers.

Hey, welcome oldtimer :) I'm almost 50 (48) and still banging my head.It has made me abit wierd but,,,,nah I've always been wierd.
These guys here are really great and they keep ya posted!!
Take care

#143699 by Bender
Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:11 pm
Thanks guys, good to be here!

And good to know I'm not the only Devin fan in Brisbane too. Its bad enough that noone ever tours here!

....wll thats not true.....I saw Killswitch Engage and Mudvayne here in the last 12 monthes which was good.

#143767 by Keeker
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:27 am
Bender wrote:

Thank goodness... I thought I was the only one with a zimmer frame around here. :wink:

#144005 by Lula
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:20 am
Knowing my luck I'll forget exactly which songs I wish I mention...ah well, I'll give it a shot:

Devin Townsend
Bastard my favourite Devin song, it makes me feel happy and almost euphoric, like there's a big smile bursting from my chest, perhaps it's merely because I love this song so much as it's not really a happy sounding song. It is also a song I have got to have a slow screw to at some point (once I find myself a new man, this time I'll go for one that actually likes the Dev) because of the way it sounds.
Funeral Another favourite, it's sad but because I ♥ it so much this too makes me have that amazing huge smile on the inside.
Plant Rain is another song I want to have a slow screw to.
The Fluke Is a song that instantly cheers me up. It just sounds so damn schmexy.
Storm Actually reminds me of doing the dishes at my old cottage, mainly because Accelerated Evolution was in the CD player in the kitchen for the entire time I was at that place. It's a beautiful song, it makes me feel vaguely tearful and at the same time happy because it's such a brilliant sounding, beautifully worded song.
Slow Me Down At the moment this song is a bit bittersweet as it was a bit of a special song between someone I like and I, but it didn't quite go the way I'd hoped and now it kinda reminds me and makes me feel a bit low, but not enough for me to not completely love this song.

Other Random acts
Filter - Take a Picture This song makes me feel happy and reminiscent about good times with my first ever boyfriend.
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart This song has been so important to me over the most taxing and emotionally stressed times in my life, it makes me feel so strange. I feel sad but happy on the deep inside. It has the strangest effect on me.
Sigur Ros - Nyja Lagid, Glosoli, Seaglopur, Milano, Gong, Olsen Olsen, Agaetis Byrjun These, if I'm already in a morose mood can make me feel like the most emotionally broken person in the world. I know I'm not, but they can really let me mope and wallow in my sadness while they're on. I also discovered that a lot of them are awesome to listen to when you're a night elf in WoW.

#144041 by JuZ
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:32 pm
Lula wrote: Filter - Take a Picture This song makes me feel happy and reminiscent about good times with my first ever boyfriend.

Cool. That's a huge guilty pleasure of mine, that song. It's so sickly sweet but it's also so shiny and pretty... what a great acoustic sound. :D

#144043 by Lula
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:48 pm
Yeah, you're right about it. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me too, but I can't help it. It's too addictively nice sounding.

#144044 by fullgore
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm
Sex to Devin's music... Hm, why did I never think about that before? Don't know if Bastard would be my personal choice, but it'd definitely have to be something off OM or Terria...

#144046 by Biert
Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:12 pm
fullgore wrote:Sex to Devin's music... Hm, why did I never think about that before? Don't know if Bastard would be my personal choice, but it'd definitely have to be something off OM or Terria...

It has been discussed: http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4499

#144049 by Lula
Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:47 pm
Well I guess it depends on the pace of sex you like. Personally I can see something really good when it comes to Bastard and sex. *shrugs*

#144057 by Leechmaster
Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm
There's a few songs which stick in the memory at the moment that bring back memories of certain moments in my life. I found my girlfriend becuase of 'Hurt' by NIN/Johnny Cash.. All of Dev's musics been a soundtrack-esque-type-thing to our relationship. "Stabbing The Drama" by Soilwork also holds a place in my heart in relation to said relationship. We've both got the thing for 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls and 'So Far Away' by Staind... For me 'My Forever Friend' by Charlie Lansborough brings back sad memories of my granddad, who passed away on my communion day back in 1997.

As for everyday emotions... Dev's stuff is almost on constant rotation with me. You can find a song for every emotion in there. I'm really getting into ambient and drone music lately as well. Sigur Ròs, Nest, Jääportit and Ulver are all favs at the moment. Nice and relaxing and stress relieving..