Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#325217 by JuZ
Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 am
We had our baby! A girl called Harriet, born on Saturday morning. She's beautiful and a picture of health. Mum's doing well. Big brother and sister adore her.

The dog is confused.
#325220 by fragility
Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:22 pm
JuZ wrote:We had our baby! A girl called Harriet, born on Saturday morning. She's beautiful and a picture of health. Mum's doing well. Big brother and sister adore her.

The dog is confused.

Huge congratulations to you all (assuming the dog decides he's happy about it) :D and an absolutely gorgeous name! Sending Harriet an (entirely non creepy, despite coming from an Internet stranger) "welcome to the world" cuddle!
#325233 by JuZ
Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:35 pm
Thank you guys. :)

I'll go give her that cuddle now, it's been a very long day and her cuddles are better than *insert name of prescription sedative here*
#325244 by fragility
Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 pm
So we got a call this week to bring my daughter's allergy clinic appointment forward from September to today.

They skin prick tested her for 9 different things and we watched her little arm and the only one she reacted to was peanut, which we already knew she was allergic to. So now we know we only need to worry about 1 thing, which is INFINITELY better than dealing with multiple allergies and they were so helpful and informative, that despite the deadly nature of it, I'm starting to feel slightly less terrified. Couldn't have hoped for a better result than that today :D
#325283 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:46 am
My Japanese copy of Cooked on Phonics arrived today! My Dev collection now feels complete! For the next month or so, anyway. :)
#325297 by KeasbyNights
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:33 pm
Late to the party but congrats Justin! How's it all going now a month later?
#325354 by djskrimp
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 am
These last couple of weeks of total sunlight shall be enjoyed before the winter takes a deathgrip again. The views here are insane. I'll be glad to leave when it's time, but boy howdy am I loving it now.
#325500 by fragility
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:51 am
Woohoo, my sprint for the tube and then sprint for the train was worth it - I'm going to make it home in time to keep the run of getting home for my little girl's bedtime alive!

God, I would give up equality in a heartbeat if it meant my husband earned enough that I didn't have to work, haha! Hand me my pinny
#325663 by fragility
Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:00 pm
After probably the s*******t week of my life, I am choosing to focus on the positivity of:
- my wonderful family, and how they make me luckier than some people are their entire lives
- the awesome people in my life who have supported me this week
- the NHS and the wonderful medical staff who have done so much for me
- the healing power of music

On to better times.
#325664 by Tyroshai
Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm
fragility wrote:After probably the s*******t week of my life, I am choosing to focus on the positivity of:
- my wonderful family, and how they make me luckier than some people are their entire lives

On to better times.

So sorry to see you've been having a difficult time...Nothing but the best wishes to you and yours, hope things are much better all-round soon! <3
#325667 by fragility
Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:49 am
Tyroshai wrote:
fragility wrote:After probably the s*******t week of my life, I am choosing to focus on the positivity of:

On to better times.

So sorry to see you've been having a difficult time...Nothing but the best wishes to you and yours, hope things are much better all-round soon! <3

Thanks, lovely! Thanks to everything I've mentioned, it already feels that way

Just a few weeks to go for you, eh?! Wishing you all the best, ignore anyone who wants to share their horror stories, the majority of us who it all goes very smoothly for tend to be far more silent! Enjoy every minute, I'm very jealous of you for the weeks to come :D
#325690 by Tyroshai
Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:16 am
fragility wrote:
Tyroshai wrote:

On to better times.

Thanks, lovely! Thanks to everything I've mentioned, it already feels that way

Just a few weeks to go for you, eh?! Wishing you all the best, ignore anyone who wants to share their horror stories, the majority of us who it all goes very smoothly for tend to be far more silent! Enjoy every minute, I'm very jealous of you for the weeks to come :D

Good stuff! As long as we don't lose sight of the stuff that makes it all worthwhile there's hope for us yet, right? :)

Yeah a couple of weeks at the latest, most probably next week as he's breech and the consultant has advised against natural delivery due to his positioning. Last scan on Thursday morning then should leave hospital with a scheduled date provided there's no early signs of arrival beforehand.

Not sure how to feel to be honest, been so lucky with the ease of this pregnancy I often have to remind myself it's even happening...And yep, the nay-sayers have been out in force but luckily we're keeping our minds open and going with the flow...As we say up north, it'll be reet! Looking forward to it! :wink:

EDIT- remind me I said this at 3am when covered head to toe in various bodily fluids whilst lovingly snuggling our squish and existing solely between the realms of sleep/awake. Can't wait for it, all part of the adventure!
#325696 by JuZ
Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:06 am
Very excited for you guys. So close now!

Had parent info day at our son's primary school today. He starts next year. Shiiiiiit!!!

Watching them grow into little people is incredible.