All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#244657 by swervedriver
Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:49 pm
I would say the person who wrote that misread "bipolar".
#244673 by mrbean667
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 pm
I agree.
I can tell you right now, Devin is NOT bisexual.
#244677 by Biert
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 am
I wouldn't think someone who's attracted to his/her own gender would see it as "sick, ugly, wrong".

Songmeanings.net is just another website full of user-created content, which always requires a critical view. Do not believe anything people write, unless they provide proof.
#244704 by New Millenium Man
Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:14 am
Wasn't trying to imply anything, I was just repeating what I heard. While I do think it was the listeners interpretation, its still an interpretation that's interesting to mull over. If your in the closet, or perhaps brought up to believe that kind of stuff is wrong, you would refer to those urges as "sick" and "wrong" I would think.
#245416 by Chimairacle
Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm
lol.

Well yeah I suppose so, like my ex knew a guy who was gay, but hated himself for it and wished he wasn't, but of course he couldn't do anything about it. It came up once when he was arguing with some missionary who said gay people choose to be gay. So I guess in those circumstances they might think of those urges as "sick" or whatever.
#255195 by Wosko
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 am
When I'm listening to it while I'm falling asleep with my headphones on and I hear the scream at the end it scares the shit out of me every time
#273096 by Griff
Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm
I've only read the first several posts, but just wanna throw in some input... Many years ago on the cusp of Devin touring Australia, back in the late 1990's or early 2000's, he did a radio interview here with PBS FM and listeners were encouraged prior to send in questions for Dev. I emailed a whole bunch in and one of them was just that, "What is the song Things Beyond Things about?" Devin did indeed answer my question but very vaguley. He simply said something along the lines of "Every song I write is about me." There may be more to it, but I cannot recall. I have that and a couple more radio interviews with Devin tapped and then later converted to MP3. If anyone is interested I can make them available via Dropbox or something... :)
#274746 by gendralman
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:10 am
Griff wrote:I've only read the first several posts, but just wanna throw in some input... Many years ago on the cusp of Devin touring Australia, back in the late 1990's or early 2000's, he did a radio interview here with PBS FM and listeners were encouraged prior to send in questions for Dev. I emailed a whole bunch in and one of them was just that, "What is the song Things Beyond Things about?" Devin did indeed answer my question but very vaguley. He simply said something along the lines of "Every song I write is about me." There may be more to it, but I cannot recall. I have that and a couple more radio interviews with Devin tapped and then later converted to MP3. If anyone is interested I can make them available via Dropbox or something... :)

We are all 100% interested. Please do this.
#274754 by mrbean667
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 am
gendralman wrote:
Griff wrote:I've only read the first several posts, but just wanna throw in some input... Many years ago on the cusp of Devin touring Australia, back in the late 1990's or early 2000's, he did a radio interview here with PBS FM and listeners were encouraged prior to send in questions for Dev. I emailed a whole bunch in and one of them was just that, "What is the song Things Beyond Things about?" Devin did indeed answer my question but very vaguley. He simply said something along the lines of "Every song I write is about me." There may be more to it, but I cannot recall. I have that and a couple more radio interviews with Devin tapped and then later converted to MP3. If anyone is interested I can make them available via Dropbox or something... :)

We are all 100% interested. Please do this.

Yes, please give them to ussssss... :twisted:
#274757 by Griff
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 am
PM me your email addresses and I'll send a manual invite to my Dropbox. :) I'll upload these mothers ASAP.
#299136 by Griff
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:29 am
I think only two (maybe three) people PMed me for this... Oh well. Still happy to share with anyone. :)
#318539 by KeasbyNights
Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:41 am
Griff wrote:I think only two (maybe three) people PMed me for this... Oh well. Still happy to share with anyone. :)

This is obviously quite an old post, but if those are still up for grabs, I'd like to have them. :)