Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#325103 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:09 am
Black Sabbath.

Well that was totally worth it! Ozzy was in fine form, had a ton of fun on stage singing and pumping up the crowd, all while sounding vocally excellent. Geezer's bass was monstrous (the way he played his bass solo after Behind the Wall of Sleep whilst transitioning to the intro to NIB had me drooling) and Tony Iommi proved once again that he is a guitar god - not one beat missed and all with an air of cool grace. He is truly the man.
Drummer Tommy Clufetos not only matched the standards set by Bill Ward but his 10 minute drum solo extended from Rat Salad was a thing of beauty.
The whole set was rooted exclusively in the 70's - almost all of Paranoid, a few tracks from Black Sabbath and Master of Reality respectively, and a track each from Vol 4 and Technical Ecstasy (Dirty Women in this case, and although it sounded fine it also slowed down the vibe, a sentiment shared by others I overheard after the night had finished. Personally, I would have traded it for anything from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath).
I suppose the set could have used a bit more diversity, considering the emphasis on certain releases and that they played nothing after the 70's (except Zeitgeist from 13 as the farewell music after the band left the stage). On the other hand they played the classics and did them justice; barring Dirty Women I heard no complaints whatsoever.
Just seeing NIB alone was worth it; a night to remember, indeed.
#325688 by vaijuju
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:51 am
Anathema was in my home last Saturday, just one show in France , it's was very cool to see them, here. great show !

[youtube]xzDFWkZsilw[/youtube]
Springfield (new song)

you can see me ( left) :D