Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#132800 by niklang
Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:16 am
I saw Opeth and Paradise Lost last night and it was awesome.
Opeth were truly outstanding. The new drummer appears to have filled Lopez's shoes and the guys were just on top form. They played a good mix of old and new and it was a 2hr set which was great.

Paradise lost were great too. I have been a fan of them for ages but never seen them before. They have such a great back catalogue of songs to choose from.

#132801 by gozu
Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:19 am
i'm going to that tonight... really looking forward to it

#132802 by Blazingmonga
Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:36 am
Gojira was the last band I saw live. The set was not too long but very varied, with probably an equal number of songs from each album. And it was incredibly tight too. Probably the most I have banged my head at a gig.

And I also go to see Opeth tonight. Hey Gozu, if you see a dude in an SYL top it might be me! I might just be standing around the back tonight though.

#132807 by Chris
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:31 am
I saw the Farin Urlaub Racing Team on Halloween at the Palladium in Cologne. And I'm still suffering from the cold I got when walking through the rain after the concert...

Anyway, it was a good show! Farin doesn't have a new album out, but he played some new songs. At first I stood in about the fifth row right in front of the middle of the stage, but when the band started playing, it felt as if everyone in the audience started pushing from behind... So during the first songs I was so occupied with getting at least enough space to breathe that I decided to get a place at the side of the stage. From then on, I really enjoyed the concert.

To give you an impression of what is was like, this is the song Zehn, basically just meant to make people go crazy and jump, jump, jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHWv7QpIWI

Enjoy!

Btw - good idea for a thread :wink:

#132813 by Lula
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:45 am
I saw VNV Nation at Rock City in October. No support but nevertheless they plays a stonking set. I lost my voice because I was "singing" so much. Certainly lived up to expectations.

As for Opeth I only found out about their tour last week. Gutted, I haven't enough money to go.

#132818 by Biert
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:53 am
Last gig I went to was The Gathering, October 1st in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Excellent show, great band with tight live performance, loads of atmosphere, fucking amazing singer and my friends digging it (!). Even though I forgot the tickets and didn't find out until we were almost there so I had to go back home and fetch them which made us miss the support act, it was amazing. Considering going to see them again in December.

#132819 by gozu
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:57 am
Blazingmonga wrote:Gojira was the last band I saw live. The set was not too long but very varied, with probably an equal number of songs from each album. And it was incredibly tight too. Probably the most I have banged my head at a gig.

And I also go to see Opeth tonight. Hey Gozu, if you see a dude in an SYL top it might be me! I might just be standing around the back tonight though

me too i don't tend to bother with the whole going mental thing anymore... its all for the show....

i'll be SYL or DTBd aswell

#132822 by Goat
Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:56 am
Fantomas Melvins combo. Loud.

#132824 by sj_2150
Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:12 am
Fear Factory/Devildriver/Dry Kill Logic

Dry Kill Logic - fuggin shit

Devildriver - nothing special

Fear Factory - fuggin AWESOME!

#132825 by Turge
Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:37 am
Chris wrote:To give you an impression of what is was like, this is the song Zehn, basically just meant to make people go crazy and jump, jump, jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHWv7QpIWI

Enjoy!

That was so cool! Nice one! :D

#132827 by SunshineSuicide
Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:16 am
I saw Porcupine Tree & Paatos in September. It was one of the best concerts I've seen!

#132831 by Hughie
Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:48 am
I saw Shiny Toy Guns a few months ago.. they were amazing. Probably not the style of most posters here though:)

#132832 by Biert
Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:07 am
Biert wrote:Last gig I went to was The Gathering, October 1st in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Excellent show, great band with tight live performance, loads of atmosphere, fucking amazing singer and my friends digging it (!). Even though I forgot the tickets and didn't find out until we were almost there so I had to go back home and fetch them which made us miss the support act, it was amazing. Considering going to see them again in December.

Check out this little video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7927889228795862094
:D
Not the same gig but very good anyway, you'll get my point :D

#132835 by danceswithchickens
Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:31 am
Soilwork. They played well, but I'm not a big fan so it didn't interest me too much.