Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#326365 by Liampie
Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 am
I've been a little familiar with Yes for over a decade (I'm 27 now, to give some context), and there were some songs I really liked and regularly played, but earlier this year the discography as a whole FINALLY clicked. I FINALLY had Close to the Edge click, and fuck me, what a masterpiece. Instant top 10 album for me.

I've made multiple attempts over the years to get into classic progressive rock, but in the end I too often miss the energy that I like and am used to from (progressive metal). Now that Yes has finally clicked, I was thinking that maybe it could serve as a beachhead for me to discover more of the genre. I don't have to get into the genre, of course, but I suspect that I'm missing out on some brilliant stuff.

What do you guys recommend? What would be good places for me to start, taking into account my metal perspective?
#326368 by EphelDuath666
Sat May 04, 2019 3:48 pm
King Crimson. King Crimson is ALWAYS worth a try! :) But not all of their albums may work for you. My #1 favorite is their debut...In The Court Of The Crimson King.

And since your metal perspective should be taken into account...if you haven't done so already you should certainly check out Rush.