Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#321456 by Octillus
Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 am
I just wish they didn't go for church organ
#321759 by KeasbyNights
Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 pm
Not sure what everyone else thinks yet, but I'm not really into the first half of the album so far. I enjoy from Goblin on, but even then it just seems sort of
#321807 by Victimlas
Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 am
I am actually liking it so much more than Heritage. Heritage was a bit forgettable for me (minus Devil's Orchard- love that song).

Eternal Rains, Cusp and Voice of Treason are my highlights. With Voice being one of their best songs for me in a long time. I hear more of the old styles in this album than I did in Heritage. Mikael's clean singing is just beautiful. But yes not everyone's cup of tea, my Hubby is pretty disappointed with it.

I love it... I think it's more mature, though I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the death growls too.
#321813 by KeasbyNights
Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:11 am
Oh I get that. I love Mikael's voice in all honesty. I don't miss the death growls as much as I miss really memorable guitar work. Like, I listen to Blackwater Park (the song), and Face of Melinda, and even Forest of October, and I just hear these amazing riffs: crushing and beautiful. I can totally appreciate their new sound, it's just not resonating very well with me right now. Maybe I'll like it more with time. Heritage grew on me a bit after awhile. I just miss the moment that make me lose myself in it totally. I'm not moving with Pale Communion yet and I miss that. Could just be me.

Goblin is really great though, despite it all. :)
#323588 by Kleo
Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 am
I got invited out to see them in a couple weeks. It will depend on ticket cost. Just never that big a fan. Honestly tend to prefer the stuff their music introduces me to like camel, comes, porcupine tree things I will spell wrong and not correct
#325490 by EphelDuath666
Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:21 pm
So I picked up Sorceress today...the Deluxe Edition that includes 2 CDs. And it's great! No, the growls aren't back and I doubt they ever will be but I think that people who miss the "old days", so to speak, will be pleased to hear that quite a few of the songs could have easily made it onto Ghost Reveries. 'Chrysalis' in particular reminds me of 'The Baying of the Hounds' . I will admit though that I enjoyed their last 2 efforts quite a lot as well and there are still some songs or parts of songs on there which represent that era of Opeth. Really digging this one. The 2 bonus tracks are pretty good too and the live tracks are quite excellent. Opeth performing live with an orchestra. Sure hope they filmed the whole thing and will release it on Blu-ray at some point!