I'm gonna melt you guys!
#188026 by FFLinchpin
Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 am
Jack8the8Ripper wrote:i just ordered my copy...i might have to do an experiment and set it up so that it only plays while i'm asleep and never listen to it while awake haha

Should make for some really interesting dreams...
#188676 by Warhead
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:16 am
I remember when The Hummer was supposed to be limited to 500 copies.
I guess it's just been selling a lot more than expected.

It's still one of my favourite ambient albums.
#188686 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:41 pm
^^ So with all this talk of how awesome the Hummer is, I just had to go ahead and buy it. Free shipping!!!

I can't wait to get it, I've put it off far too long - just because of financial reasons. Buy you can't argue with getting some Devin for $15 + free shipping.

Awesome.
#188778 by Mazaro
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:52 am
Devlab is like the clutter inside your mind... sometimes it gets so loud and muddled it's unbearable... othertimes it's just slightly unsettling, nauseating tides of strange energy... and at the best times, it's unified into shining, sublime beauty.
#188805 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 am
^^ Gotta get that too. Sounds really interesting, but strange too. Nice description.

But I'll be sure not to listen to it around night time - I already have strange enough dreams as it is :shock:
Dreams involving orcs, Joe Satriani, Geddy Lee, walls of cheese, tap dancing to the song Force Ten in the rain, and hitting fools with fire extinguishers.

*sigh* fuckin weirdo, I am *facepalm*
#188847 by elvendio
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:01 pm
I have tried to fall asleep to The Hummer and it doesn't work for me I get very relaxed but my mind becomes so stimulated that I stay awake.
#189760 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:54 am
elvendio wrote:I have tried to fall asleep to The Hummer and it doesn't work for me I get very relaxed but my mind becomes so stimulated that I stay awake.

I find that I do that as well. I can't sleep to it because I try to hard to listen to everything in it. Although, I have found that I'm able to sleep to Cosmic Surf. That song reminds me of the movie 'Contact'. Is it like that for anyone else?
#190880 by Devymetalnut
Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:44 am
SouvlakiSlowdive wrote:
elvendio wrote:I have tried to fall asleep to The Hummer and it doesn't work for me I get very relaxed but my mind becomes so stimulated that I stay awake.

I find that I do that as well. I can't sleep to it because I try to hard to listen to everything in it. Although, I have found that I'm able to sleep to Cosmic Surf. That song reminds me of the movie 'Contact'. Is it like that for anyone else?

I hear ya man, definately just like the movie 'Contact', I get images of foreign beaches and seas, but all weird and alien like from another universe, The Hummer spins me out when Im listening to it but in a good way, takes me to a completely new plane of listening unlike anything ive ever listened to. Very cool indeed :)
#191256 by Jack8the8Ripper
Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 am
i decided i needed to listen to this album proper so i sat in some field on the first day of spring and listened to it while reading contact...good stuff
#191888 by PoopTart
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 pm
I'm seeing that The Hummer reminds all of you guys of Contact, but doesn't The Hummer have audio samples from Contact in it? Am I just hearing things? I'm pretty sure it has some dialogue from Contact in it.
#192170 by PoopTart
Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:59 pm
Coma Divine wrote:Yep, that is correct. 8)

Ah-ha! I knew I wasn't crazy..well...nevermind.
#192183 by Byron2606
Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 pm
Just got hold of it and only listened to it once so far...

I love the concept of it putting you to sleep, I tried, but I just kind of drifted in and out... I was wondering if anyone had any tips in particular? Does using headphones really make that much of a difference as opposed to external speakers??

I've got a long flight to Australia coming up, and if I can use it to help me pass the time (I hate flying) I would be so appreciative...

Thanks!
#192441 by Overtone
Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:17 pm
I would avoid it on the plane...

The Dev wrote:You should listen to it in silence (late at night maybe?) Cars or anything with competing low frequencies will make it hard to hear...theres lots of silence and really quiet parts.

I actually tried listening the first few times on various flights on my ipod, and at home on my PC and it really just seemed to stay in the background... the white noise of the plane is pretty loud, so after reading Dev's post it makes some sense to me now. I have the CD and am about to crank it up on my system for the first time. Hopefully my fridge won't decide to buzz away like it sometimes does. I wish I had a sub, but supposedly my towers go to 45 Hz.