#316875 by fragility
Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm
I'm in such a dilemma over what to do for this. Bluesy is going to be such a temporary format, so while part of me wants to get a bluesy player just for this, I don't know if I can justify it as I have no idea if ill ever buy another bluesy..
#316878 by swervedriver
Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am
fragility wrote:Bluesy is going to be such a temporary format, so while part of me wants to get a bluesy player just for this, I don't know if I can justify it as I have no idea if ill ever buy another bluesy..

Not sure if typo or slang for bluray... :P
#316884 by JuZ
Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 am
Assuming it is, I've never gone down the avenue of collecting a lot of blu-ray discs. Not because I don't like them, as I love the quality.

I just see my next step (when I get around to it) as having everything in the best possible definition on some form of drive - waiting to see what happens trend-wise as I haven't had the time or funds to be doing the whole HTPC thing in the past few years. Not in a rush, got too many other things to get done first!

Anyway, that's more of a discussion for the movie thread so I'll stop now.
#316890 by EphelDuath666
Thu May 02, 2013 8:17 am
oh I'm very confident when it comes to the Blu-ray format. So confident that I already own close to 400 of them. Blu-ray sales are steadily rising (nearly 30% for the first quarter of 2013) and there won't be anything better for a while as there haven't even been discussions yet whether to develop a new type of disc format for 4K resolution or not. Can't stop time so ya might as well go with it. And hey, if I can enjoy a DTP gig in 1080p quality and 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio sound at home then hey, who am I to complain? :P
#316893 by fragility
Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 pm
swervedriver wrote:
fragility wrote:Bluesy is going to be such a temporary format, so while part of me wants to get a bluesy player just for this, I don't know if I can justify it as I have no idea if ill ever buy another bluesy..

F***ing auto correct drives me nutty!
#316894 by Faffy
Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm
fragility wrote:
swervedriver wrote:

F***ing auto correct drives me nutty!

Drives you bluesey* :P

But yeah... I'm a bit torn here as well. I want the bluray.... but I don't have a bluray player. Ooops.
#316905 by JuZ
Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:oh I'm very confident when it comes to the Blu-ray format. So confident that I already own close to 400 of them. Blu-ray sales are steadily rising (nearly 30% for the first quarter of 2013) and there won't be anything better for a while as there haven't even been discussions yet whether to develop a new type of disc format for 4K resolution or not. Can't stop time so ya might as well go with it. And hey, if I can enjoy a DTP gig in 1080p quality and 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio sound at home then hey, who am I to complain? :P

At least you know you'll always have a movie collection in pretty damn good quality. Can't argue with that!
#317054 by Voradin
Sat May 11, 2013 8:41 am
I'll wait to hear reviews on this before I buy it, if I buy it. I had really high hopes after the fantastic awesomeness that the By a Thread shows were, but Retinal Circus was a huge disappointment to me. I didn't like the commentary at all, the whole "telling a story" concept was half-baked and didn't do anything for me, but the worst was the sound and mixing. Vocals (especially Anneke) were WAAAAYYYYYYY too damn loud and in front of the mix... Babysong is un-listenable.

I'm hoping that the sound will be completely remixed from what came out of the soundboard, I can't imagine this would be released with the "cellphone video bootleg" sound quality that the live feed had, but I will wait and see before earmarking any money for this.

To end on a positive note, this and Ki are the only things that Dev has ever done that I haven't thoroughly loved and enjoyed, and I am eagerly awaiting whatever is coming next. Casualties of Cool looks like it is going to be really, um, cool... :mrgreen:
#317055 by Lettuce
Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 am
The sound is completely polished, it's perfect C:

Who cares if Bluray is a temporary format or not, whatever comes next is going to be backwards compatible. I took one of my bluray players to my friend's house for the weekend when her DVD player died and she genuinely didn't know that they played DVDs and CDs, I've spoken to several people who've used it as a reason for not going down the Bluray route; because (for some reason) they thought they wouldn't be able to play their old films. The only reason I bought that one was because I bought a new TV for my bedroom that didn't have a DVD player in it. Besides, it was
#317061 by JuZ
Sun May 12, 2013 4:26 am
Lettuce wrote:The sound is completely polished, it's perfect C:

Who cares if Bluray is a temporary format or not, whatever comes next is going to be backwards compatible. I took one of my bluray players to my friend's house for the weekend when her DVD player died and she genuinely didn't know that they played DVDs and CDs, I've spoken to several people who've used it as a reason for not going down the Bluray route; because (for some reason) they thought they wouldn't be able to play their old films. The only reason I bought that one was because I bought a new TV for my bedroom that didn't have a DVD player in it. Besides, it was
#317065 by ppinkham
Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 am
JuZ wrote:
Lettuce wrote:The sound is completely polished, it's perfect C:

#317070 by Lettuce
Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 pm
You're not just getting beautiful crispy clear quality, you get oodles of extras that simply wouldn't fit on a DVD. Trust me, it took me until November to finally buy one (and that was only cause it came with a free Dark Knight boxset so it worked out like, a fiver for the player) but it's totally worth it. You gotta have a big TV to get the most out of it though; recent surveys on my estate have shown that TV size immediately correlates with the owner's class; the bigger your TV, the less classy you are. Luckily I am "fridge in the front garden" classy so I can enjoy such classics as Lost in Space, Army of Darkness and Blade Trinity in their full glory.