The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#312236 by Voradin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm
Just got the vinyl today so of course the first thing I listened to was the song Epicloud. Very beautiful lullabye-type song, sounds kinda Ki/Ghost-ish. Love it.

There is a download code to dl MP3 versions of the songs, incl. the song Epicloud. :D
#312841 by Matt08642
Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm
I initially found it boring and didn't care for it much, but I've come to really like it because it's calm and never really goes anywhere I don't like. What I mean by that is when a song radically changes direction (think Take My Ego when the band comes in)
#313055 by LeperMessiah1170
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm
Niiiiiiiiiice... I just got my Epicloud vinyl, and it comes with a download of the album INCLUDING the bonus track. I was not aware that it would come with this.
#314368 by No OnE
Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:14 pm
I really dig it, it's got a warm & cozy feel to it that I just don't get tired of. Got my vinyl yesterday, I put it as track #16 on my computer, with the 2 iTunes bonus tracks in front of it. I'd be just fine if this song was 74 minutes long :zzzz:
#314903 by Porkuelinn
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 pm
I scoured teh interweb around the time the vinyl was coming out but alas, I was unable to locate "Epicloud" the track, if though, its unavailable on iTunes, I would be out of luck, I will not install that software on my editing rig. That being said, would anyone be a gentleman and pm a location for it?? I would appreciate it tremendously.

And just to clear the air, I have purchased every one of Devin's releases, with the exception of "The Demos" so I don't mind paying for the track but again, no iTunes (just assuming you can buy it there now that the vinyl released). If I remember correctly though, it only ship on the vinyl edition, any info would help. Thanks in advance

:help:
#314914 by static2
Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 pm
it also comes with the Japanese CD release. that way you'd have the pure digital master.
#314925 by Garrie
Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 pm
static2 wrote:it also comes with the Japanese CD release. that way you'd have the pure digital master.

Japanese bonus tracks REALLY, REALLY annoy me.

Complete discrimination!
#314930 by Porkuelinn
Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 pm
static2 wrote:it also comes with the Japanese CD release. that way you'd have the pure digital master.

Truly a gentlmen scolar. i appreciate it :guitar:
#315101 by Garrie
Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:31 am
Guys, my vinyl just arrived, but I can't find any sort of code for digital download?

The vinyl came with a CD of the album (didn't know that was coming with it tbh!) but the CD doesn't have the Epicloud track on it. Where is this download code supposed to be and where do you go to enter it?

(You see, this is the first vinyl I've ever bought, and the hifi I bought to play it on hasn't arrived yet! :(... frustrating to own and have the song, but not be able to play it!)
#315108 by static2
Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm
Garrie wrote:

Japanese bonus tracks REALLY, REALLY annoy me.

Complete discrimination!

the poor Japanese need some reason not to buy the half-priced bootlegs!
#315241 by Erik
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:53 am
Garrie wrote:Guys, my vinyl just arrived, but I can't find any sort of code for digital download?

The vinyl came with a CD of the album (didn't know that was coming with it tbh!) but the CD doesn't have the Epicloud track on it. Where is this download code supposed to be and where do you go to enter it?

(You see, this is the first vinyl I've ever bought, and the hifi I bought to play it on hasn't arrived yet! :(... frustrating to own and have the song, but not be able to play it!)

I bought my blue vinyl at CMDistro Deutschland jawohl! :D
Mine came with a download code and no cd.
It seems that you have a different version which comes with the regular cd.
My High on Fire vinyl also came with a cd of the regular album, without the tracks on the bonus vinyl...
So, what you get probably depends on where you order.
#315243 by Faffy
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 am
Dev's recent tweets about Epicloud, the song:
Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud ...this is one of my favorite songs from the session that I ended up hiding... http://youtu.be/y23C_IIrWFQ

I guess I was trying to be 'arty' by hiding the point... Will write out lyrics and put them up. Made sense to hide Epicloud from Epicloud...

Here are the lyrics: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kt211p