The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!

Epicloud or Epiclouder - which is better?

27%
27%
23%
23%
#310205 by Meh
Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:21 am
swervedriver wrote:The Island.

Thank you sir! It's doesn't sound as plagiarised as I thought it would - just a slight resemblance to the vocal melody.
#310209 by catharsis
Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 am
that's a tough one. i think if you swap out happy birthday & love tonight with animals & more! and maybe 1 or 2 others it could be the best devy album yet. they are both excellent and i'm happy we get it all, should've just given epiclouder the full band treatment and made it a full on double album. can't complain though.
#310219 by mikejs
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 am
Learnt something at the weekend:
  • Epicloud works better in the car.
  • Epiclouder works better with headphones.
That is all.
#310241 by devious_mischievous
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 pm
I actually can't choose between them right now. I've been listening to Epiclouder a lot more lately because the songs are more varied and they don't get old as fast. I really love them both, though! I can't choose between them right now. :P
#310257 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 pm
I find myself listening to them both on alternating listens. Once I hear Epicloud, I can't hear it again until I hear Epiclouder, and vice versa. Call me weird, but it feels right.
#310374 by fragility
Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 am
Epicloud is obviously an entirely finished, polished album so as a lot of people have said, it's got more by way of cohesiveness.

There are probably more ideas I connect with on Epiclouder though.
#311049 by LicoriceLain
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:49 am
Now that I have heard "Epicloud" (cause I am magical), I have to go with Epicloud. Moments indicative of the mood on Ki are an automatic win for me (even though it is more like Ki and Ghost mixed together).
#315804 by Savage Henry
Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 am
Epicloud was and always will be extremely special to me, it came into my life at a time when I needed it. It is a triumph for Dev creatively and spiritually. Epiclouder was a great group of random ideas, and you can hear more fragments of the project,but the real album has a life of its own. I think it was initially supposed to have references to the prior albums as an ending point, like Synchestra. This became Epiclouder, and Epicloud became a less self conscious conclusion.
#316030 by Alphaom3gA
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 am
I would have to say Epicloud has my vote but then again I love my music to have high production values. Not to say that Epiclouder isn't great, I just prefer the main disc. I just can't stop blasting Where We Belong and Save Our Now in my car and his reworking of Kingdom makes me wish Devy would redo the whole Physicist album even though it ranks as one of my faves from him.
#316200 by MrDishington
Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:34 am
Epicloud personally. I love Epiclouder but like has been said before, it feels like a collection of songs rather than an album. It feels like it kind of spans a lot of aspects Devy's career in some ways but some of them aren't quite as good as the times that they're similar to. Quietus is great but I'd take any Ki track over it, some goes for Woah No! and Socialization even though I really like them. Heatwave is probably my second favourite off the two CDs though (behind Liberation)
Epicloud feels more finished, composed and complete to me but at the same time it's not just focused on one style so there's a fair amount to get your teeth into. That said I'd struggle to say it's in my top 5 overall Dev CDs but I'm often in the mood for it.
#317209 by metalandstuff85
Tue May 28, 2013 3:53 pm
NamasteLikeBender wrote:The songs I like on Epiclouder are really, really good. But Epicloud is more consistent overall for me and it gets my vote.

Word for word, this is what I was going to say