The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308336 by anoxiauk
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:18 am
dBpoweramp can convert files while removing the silences (although i'm sure other converters have the same trick too). did the trick for me. then used Acid Pro (again, any audio editor should do the job) to put a fade at the end of Little Pig and job done.
#308338 by Scherz
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:52 am
Yeah, with the amount of music that Devin pumps out too, is it really that big a deal if you don't like a specific album? Personally I'm kind of glad he made a streamlined happy pop album (and really with True North Grace and More! it's still not that streamlined) because hey I like that kind of thing. On the other hand I don't like Strapping Young Lad so if he ever released something in that vein again I'd probably just ignore it and wait for something more to my tastes to come around.
#308339 by Octillus
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am
ppinkham wrote:
Lolliklauer wrote:
Meh wrote:Could you not just ignore his interviews!? I'm not being smart, if I was bothered by his album ideas/statements I think ignoring him would solve much of the problem.

Maybe you
#308351 by sylkicks
Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am
ppinkham wrote:I think people tend to make music more complicated than it needs to be. Either you like it, or you don't. If you do, great. If not, why try and force yourself to, or create reasons that you think you should?

This. Well said, Paul.

For me, Epicloud is the EXACT record for my headspace right now, as I told Dev on twitter yesterday. It's purely happy, and I'm really happy in life right now. I have a good, well-paying job, I have a girlfriend who I'm counting the days to get engaged to, I just came off the best summer of my entire life and met some of the best human beings on this planet, I recently moved into a pretty nice, and, plain and simple, I'm happy to just be alive. The purity, so to speak, of the happiness on Epicloud, that is just bubbly and screaming at life "you know, you're pretty swell" resonates so much. I think that that's why, for what I feel right now, Epiclouder, while I'm enjoying it, isn't grabbing my current state of emotions as much. It's still very happy, but as the complex side of that happy coin I find I crave the simplicity.

And as for Dev sort of compartmentalizing his music into albums, I, for one, love it. For whatever emotion I'm in I can grab one of the DTP albums and it speaks directly to that emotion. That's why, perhaps I'm in the minority, but I prefer DTP Dev over pre-DTP Dev. Don't get me wrong, I love it all, but DTP Dev I find speaking to me more.

Anyway, there ya go.
#308355 by sylkicks
Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:49 am
Yeah, no, for sure. But I guess the DTP records give themselves more fully to their respective theme, see what I'm saying? But yeah... I have lots of Terria and Infinity days. Ocean Machine, as much as I love it, less so weirdly. I have tons of Accelerated Evolution days, though...
#308362 by NamasteLikeBender
Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm
sylkicks wrote:Yeah, no, for sure. But I guess the DTP records give themselves more fully to their respective theme, see what I'm saying? But yeah... I have lots of Terria and Infinity days. Ocean Machine, as much as I love it, less so weirdly. I have tons of Accelerated Evolution days, though...

Accelerated Evolution is the Devin album I can listen to at any time. It's so perfect.
#308372 by ShortSonata
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 pm
I really haven't heard much love for Woah No! and Love and Marriage. I really enjoy these two, but everyone seems to be overlooking them. I especially love Anneke's more subdued vocals on L'n'M, I wish Devy would utilise her quieter vocals more.
#308374 by Octillus
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:31 pm
ShortSonata wrote:I really haven't heard much love for Woah No! and Love and Marriage. I really enjoy these two, but everyone seems to be overlooking them. I especially love Anneke's more subdued vocals on L'n'M, I wish Devy would utilise her quieter vocals more.

Love and Marriage is like... my second favorite out of the album, which I still consider an album.

I fucking love this CD. Can I say that again, plz?