The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308380 by Octillus
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 pm
bonekrap44 wrote:Anneke is brilliant on Love and Marriage.
The Duet of "I know baby, I don't wanna argue" and "Don't call me baby" is awesome.

I have been seen making giant delivery pallets at the chocolate warehouse I work in singing "Don't call me baaaaaby"
#308382 by bonekrap44
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:27 pm
Octillus wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:Anneke is brilliant on Love and Marriage.
The Duet of "I know baby, I don't wanna argue" and "Don't call me baby" is awesome.

I have been seen making giant delivery pallets at the chocolate warehouse I work in singing "Don't call me baaaaaby"

I serenaded my fellow Cross Country runner to the chorus of Heatwave and freaked him out pretty good :lol:
#308385 by shredi knight
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 pm
Just heard "Heatwave" on that video hosting site that is kind of popular with the kids these days. :P Love it, especially the chorus.

Anyone else getting an Eddie Rabbitt's "Drivin' My Life Away" vibe from it (mainly the verses)? Sounds like it was the inspiration for the song, just like Gold Earring's "Radard Love" was the inspiration for "Radial Highway".
#308387 by AppleQueso
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:00 pm
ShortSonata wrote:I really haven't heard much love for Woah No! and Love and Marriage. I really enjoy these two, but everyone seems to be overlooking them. I especially love Anneke's more subdued vocals on L'n'M, I wish Devy would utilise her quieter vocals more.

Love and Marriage is my favorite song on the disc.
#308388 by ppinkham
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm
shredi knight wrote:Anyone else getting an Eddie Rabbitt's "Drivin' My Life Away" vibe from it (mainly the verses)? Sounds like it was the inspiration for the song, just like Gold Earring's "Radard Love" was the inspiration for "Radial Highway".

Devin says as much in the liner notes, though not that particular song:

Heatwave: 'Hey Dev, Eddie Rabbit is on the phone and wants to have a word...' ...s'okay man, just tell him I'm busy plagiarizing 'I Love A Rainy Night' and I'll call him back when it gets to the chorus... Let's go for a drive folks!
#308389 by shredi knight
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:56 pm
ppinkham wrote:
shredi knight wrote:Anyone else getting an Eddie Rabbitt's "Drivin' My Life Away" vibe from it (mainly the verses)? Sounds like it was the inspiration for the song, just like Gold Earring's "Radard Love" was the inspiration for "Radial Highway".

Devin says as much in the liner notes, though not that particular song:

Heatwave: 'Hey Dev, Eddie Rabbit is on the phone and wants to have a word...' ...s'okay man, just tell him I'm busy plagiarizing 'I Love A Rainy Night' and I'll call him back when it gets to the chorus... Let's go for a drive folks!

Well, I had the Eddie Rabbitt part right. :D

I really think Dev has his ER songs mixed up though. Just listen to the verses in "Drivin' My Life Away", they sound very similar to, and have the same basic structure as Heatwave's, not to mention many lines end with the same lyrics, "....gotta keep rollin'":

[youtube]HrKqiSlaQic[/youtube]
#308390 by ppinkham
Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm
shredi knight wrote:I really think Dev has his ER songs mixed up though. Just listen to the verses in "Drivin' My Life Away", they sound very similar to, and have the same basic structure as Heatwave's, not to mention many lines end with the same lyrics, "....gotta keep rollin'":

Yup, I agree. Silly Dev.
#308427 by Jaglavak
Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 am
So I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just listened to a few of these 'bonus' tracks... and man oh man, I feel so stupid now for originally planning to skip out on this. I just figured - after shelling out quite a bit on the deluxe package for Decon/Ghost, and then Contain Us - that I'd keep it simple this time and just get Epicloud, right? What material I've heard off of it sounds good, but didn't grab me quite like I hoped it would... not that I don't like poppy, happy stuff (there's a time and place for everything); it was just 'good' rather than 'great.' I guess I'm spoiled after all four DTP records, haha. So I just thought 'I'll pick the album up and wait for Casualties/Z2/Obviouser to come about, since I was more excited about those anyways.' Well, I guess I underestimated the potential Epiclouder (if that's what we're calling it) had, thinking it would just be an extension of the main album... but with the way Socialization just tore me a new asshole a few minutes ago, I don't think that's the case now. Profoundly positive yet absolutely face-meltingly intense music. That choral section that caps off the heavy part of the song (right after 'TONIGHT, WE DINE AT DENNY'S!) is just glorious. And Heatwave... what an absolutely gorgeous song. Had to stop myself from listening to all ten tracks because I'll spoil myself well before I even get the album!

Promptly pre-ordering the 2CD edition on Amazon w/release date delivery. Still not sure if I'll -love- Epicloud, but I think I already know that I'll adore Epiclouder. :D
#308594 by swervedriver
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 am
Only heard half of this thing, but I already find it much more interesting than Epicloud. Very happy I ordered the 2-disc version. :)
#308595 by Cthulhu
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am
Didn't dig Epicloud, but this is fucking brilliant. TMW, Woah No!, and Socialization can't get me more pumped for the future. Definitely blown away.
#308602 by Zion
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 am
Hiddos wrote:Am I the only one here who absolutely loves Epicloud but Epiclouder not so much?

Love epicloud....really really like epiclouder. Pople r just spoiled. They die for kingdom then diss the whole album.