Peace to you
#289454 by fizzicist
Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:47 am
I've done a search for this topic but many people are only mentioning this in the boxset threads.. As with Deconstruction, Ghost is being remastered for the boxset.

What are are thoughts/displeases with the idea of Ghost being remastered?

Ghost at times is quite complex, maybe a few small nuances need to be a little higher here and there but there are many moments on Ghost that are perfect. Feather has the greatest blend of high notes with comforting bass tone that complements the drums. Not much perfection to made there in my opinion.

Point out your likes/dislikes of the mix. It's something to compare what some people hear and others don't ie. quality of sound system and condition of hearing etc. This is an album I've dissected laying in bed in a dark room and have almost had hypnotic moments just getting lost in the sound :)
#289458 by fragility
Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:01 am
Again, it's pretty awesome as is...purely personal because I'm a bass glutton, but I wouldn't say no to a little bit more on a few sections
#289461 by Helge-Uwe
Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 am
I don't understand why it got remastered either but I'm looking forward though..
#289566 by static2
Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm
tbh, i think this album is perfect! i really don't get why it is being retouched. it's lush, beautiful, present and vivid everywhere in the spectrum, and a seriously wonderful journey throughout.

i doubt it'll be ruined (or so one hopes!), but i also don't hear what could be done better. i certainly hope it isn't any louder.
#289729 by Manwards
Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:34 pm
It'll all be performed on electric guitar with the distortion cranked up. :~P
#291204 by shredi knight
Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:27 pm
Listening to the same parts back to back (as fast as I can change CDs in my player anyway) of the two versions, the remastered sounds clearer and brighter to my ears (I thought this even before comparing it to the original), and maybe even a touch louder. The original version sounds sonically kind of dull and muddy in comparison. I think I prefer the sound of the remaster - YMMV. :D
#297515 by Kong89
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am
Has anyone else had problems ripping their copies of Ghost from the box set? I didn't know it was remastered so I figured I'd give it a listen but WMP and iTunes both get half way through Infinite Ocean then completely lock up and won't go further.

It's only two tracks I'm missing I know but I'm quite OCD when it comes to my music collection.
#297516 by Hiddos
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 am
I haven't had any problems with ripping them. I ripped them with Winamp in FLAC. Maybe you should try ripping with a different program? Did you check for fingerprints or things like that on the CD?
#297517 by Kong89
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:25 am
Yep the disc is flawless and I've tried it in as many programs as I have over two computers now. Must be a fault with the disc.

Pity, from what I've heard so far I'm really liking the changes on it.
#297522 by Hiddos
Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:21 am
Kong89 wrote:Yep the disc is flawless [...] Must be a fault with the disc.

So is the disc flawless or not? :P
#297814 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 am
I recently listened to it, and it sounds richer to me. Feather is that much more beautiful.
#310495 by Meh
Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 pm
Kong89 wrote:Has anyone else had problems ripping their copies of Ghost from the box set? I didn't know it was remastered so I figured I'd give it a listen but WMP and iTunes both get half way through Infinite Ocean then completely lock up and won't go further.

It's only two tracks I'm missing I know but I'm quite OCD when it comes to my music collection.

I had this problem with only the last track - it finally ripped but was skipping to f**k. However, when I ripped from my imac's disc drive (rather than the external I usually use) it seemed fine. Another thing that may work for you is to open the disc icon and extract the AIFF files than convert these to mp3 or whatever. The process of ripping and copying the files are different so it may by-pass the problem.

More generally though I find a lots of the problems with Devin's discs rather annoying. There's been 4/5 of them now on various releases and it's the only 4/5 times it's ever happened in the 20 years I've been buying CDs.