Peace to you
#284129 by Matt08642
Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 am
This is the part I am talking about http://www.mediafire.com/?61hsxkk8w7772r1

It ALWAYS catches me off guard, and I think my player has increased the playback speed or something...

EDIT: Also, the second time he says "fly over the mountain", the "tain" part of mountain sounds like the pitch has been lowered from what it originally was.
#284163 by swervedriver
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:13 pm
There's a fairly lengthy discussion in this topic on the same thing. In the end Dev confirms that it is himself singing that part. Of course, the whole thing ends in (my) tears to the point where I'm buying Octillus beer and lettuce some stroopwafels during Devember, so yeah.
#284166 by Octillus
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 pm
swervedriver wrote:There's a fairly lengthy discussion in this topic on the same thing. In the end Dev confirms that it is himself singing that part. Of course, the whole thing ends in (my) tears to the point where I'm buying Octillus beer and lettuce some stroopwafels during Devember, so yeah.

: D
#284370 by Matt08642
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:47 pm
The OP of that topic turned me off of it so much.

I know you all love Devin's music, but it's just plain embarrassing when I see shit like "OMG I CLIMBED UP A MOUNTAIN AND CRIED WHILE LISTENING TO GHOST AND THEN I USED THE TEARS TO BEAT OFF OMG AND THEN RYAN DUNN DIED WHEN I CAME AND I CRIED SOME MORE BUT THEN I CLIMBED A TREE AND CRIED AGAIN"
#284412 by Octillus
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 am
Matt08642 wrote:The OP of that topic turned me off of it so much.

I know you all love Devin's music, but it's just plain embarrassing when I see shit like "OMG I CLIMBED UP A MOUNTAIN AND CRIED WHILE LISTENING TO GHOST AND THEN I USED THE TEARS TO BEAT OFF OMG AND THEN RYAN DUNN DIED WHEN I CAME AND I CRIED SOME MORE BUT THEN I CLIMBED A TREE AND CRIED AGAIN"

While some folks might perhaps be a bit too into it (and sometimes cringeworthy) there's really no reason to come at anyone from a high horse, m'kay :roll:
#284426 by Matt08642
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 pm
Octillus wrote:

While some folks might perhaps be a bit too into it (and sometimes cringeworthy) there's really no reason to come at anyone from a high horse, m'kay :roll:

What good would a high horse be if the fans are on top of mountains crying?
#284450 by JuZ
Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 pm
Definitely some witchery pitchery going on, but it sounds good to me, which I guess is all that matters - does it sound good? Doesn't jar or catch me off guard at all, but if it does for you I can see why that would be annoying.
#290496 by No OnE
Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

I think those kinds of responses are hilarious, I don't know how anybody could write such fluff so seriously :D
#291640 by OnslaughtSix
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:45 am
Tang wrote:So, listening to the Contain Us demo version of Fly, Dev is definitely singing that part.. doesn't sound pitchshifted at all.

I'm going to respectfully disagree--to me, the demo version of Fly sounds like the vocals have been artificially shifted up 'for the entire song.'