Peace to you
#275876 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 am
I'm sure it's Devin. There is an androgynous spin on the tone for that first line but it's very clearly him. I've done similar things with my voice on occasion, the singer of the band "3" does this almost constantly as well (he has a fantastically androgynous singing voice). It's sort of like changing the position of your mouth and throat to let the tone come out in a different way than your normal speaking voice... difficult to explain. I love the tonal possibilities of it. Very genderless-sounding which I think is lovely.

It's Dev. Really, guys, c'mon. :)
#275954 by mrbean667
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm
It's definitely Devin. He's put some effect on it, but when you compare the singing directly after the first line, they are the same. They have the same nuance and pronunciation and eveything, know what i meen gyes?
#276706 by Octillus
Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Lettuce wrote:Mike's a king, he'll know this.

But I shall ask Mr T to post in here if he can when I see him next week! Settle it once and for all :P

Let him know that it will result in Pim buying me beer.
#276722 by swervedriver
Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:40 am
Octillus wrote:
Lettuce wrote:Mike's a king, he'll know this.

But I shall ask Mr T to post in here if he can when I see him next week! Settle it once and for all :P

Let him know that it will result in Pim buying me beer.

Incidentally, also let him know that in that case I can't buy VIP tickets. :P
#279800 by Sighlex
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm
It's not the first time my hear are "mystified" (love this word) by the voice of Mr T. I'm pretty sur the voice of the beginning is himself.

Sometimes you can just change your intonation by changing the shape of your smile. (Paul Masvidal can sound differently like that. In MY opinion of course)

OH! And by the way, i'm writing a theater stuff (i live in Avignon, it's the town where you have the biggest theater festival in the world) and i wanna end it with THIS song.
#281121 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:54 am
Octillus wrote:http://www.formspring.me/Dvntownsend/q/239783157908375905

SO, GET IN LINE FOR BUYING ME BEER.

Well played. I'll see you in November. So that's a beer for you and a packet of stroopwafels for Violet. Congratulations. :)

It still sounds more like Katrina than Dev to me, but hey ho.. it is what it is.
#281124 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:06 pm
Lettuce wrote:Well, I at least owe you a round of applause for admitting graciously that you were wrong :P

Yeah thanks, but I can't eat or drink applause.