Peace to you
#272877 by No OnE
Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 pm
That's totally a female in the first small bit of Fly. I'm willing to bet my own personal worth on that one :D Where's Dev when you need him?

BTW, OP I totally have had that feeling before while listening to Synchestra before. I was having some sort of unhealthy argument inside my mind over religion one night while listening to that album (I have opposite beliefs of my family & most friends), and some of the things Devin was saying mid-album were lining up exactly with what I was thinking at the time. It felt a bit multi-dimensional in a way, but beyond that it didn't honestly mean anything significant. At most, the album gave me strength in a way, as I felt like I wasn't the only person who had experienced such a mental battle with the projected sense of self-loathing and disappointment in what I had become. All I can do is trust my experiences to help guide the decisions I make in the future.
#272991 by ctfod
Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 am
I was convinced it was Katrina + Dev, plus reading the comments, I'm not too sure...

There are a couple of moments on Decon that took me by suprise. The harmonies in the second verse of Praise the Lowered, the 'I know the ways to love and truth' part on Planet of the Apes, etc. Plus older stuff like Sit in the Mountain, the end of War, etc.
#273021 by catharsis
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am
i'm almost positive it's not Dev on that 1st line, sounds nothing like em. pretty sure it's a woman.
#273022 by Octillus
Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am
You are all smoking crack (I say so lovingly :P). I concede that it's a very different voice than usual, but there's NO WAY IN HELL that's a woman. And it certainly isn't Katrina, listen to how she sounds on the album and try and compare the two.

I am going to be bought so many beers in November, I can just tell.
#273051 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:34 pm
Octillus wrote:I am going to buy so many beers in November, I can just tell.

Fix't. :twisted:
#275395 by static2
Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 pm
count me in for a "chick singer on the first couple lines" vote. i really don't think it sounds anything like Dev's voice; if it were, all the opening lines would sound like his (unmistakable) third and fourth lines.
#275424 by Nothing
Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:27 am
to me it's dev, just messing around. whoever heard a female voice...must be on crack! :mrgreen: