Peace to you

What are your favourite songs (3) from Ghost?

5%
5%
4%
4%
9%
9%
5%
5%
7%
7%
8%
8%
0%
0%
1%
1%
5%
5%
1%
1%
2%
2%
3%
3%
#278950 by Drowd
Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 am
Pik_Nick'92 wrote:
This makes me think too, has anyone actually tried doing Tai Chi exercises whilst listening to Ghost? I wouldn't be surprised. The two would fit together perfectly :) .

I actually started doing Yoga in the morning and Ghost has been my soundtrack ever since. It's beautiful and it fits perfectly.

I voted for these :
Fly
Feather
Ghost

They're the songs that have really caught my attention the most.
I haven't discovered Ghost as a whole and as of now it's still feels like a mesh of Keyboards pads, Guitar doodling and reverb.
But SOON, oh yes SOON I'll know and hear that every single song is different, unique and beautiful on its own.
So yeah :
- Fly. Because it's the first Ghost song I've heard but it's just too beautiful and it really makes you fly. It really opens up the Ghost experience the perfect way. Funny thing too : Decon ends with the word STAAAAAAAND and Ghost begins with : I fly.
- Feather. The first half just makes my soul cry everytime. So happy yet melancholic at the same time. I still haven't figured out the second half yet.
- Ghost. Very unique song on the album. The chord progression makes it sound like a Christmas song. Really happy and light song. Probably my favorite on the album because of its uniqueness and the vibe it gives to my booty baby ! (kiddin')

As a whole, this album makes me feel light, happy yet melancholic. I've been doing a lot of bicycle these days and Decon and Ghost are always playing. When I'm listening to Deconstruction I just feel like riding like a madman, especially when the chorus to Juular kicks in. I feel like I'm riding my stallion from hell in an apocalyptic setting. But when I'm listening to Ghost, I'm really light and I just ride slowly, almost waiting for the wind to push in the right direction.
#279801 by Sighlex
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:07 pm
Interesting post Drowd, i didn't figure this at all...

Personally, Ghost is my favorite album of Mr T.
I'm not able to explain why but it's the most "nutritive" music i've ever heard in my life.

I can listen it at any circumstances it'll bring me something anytime.

The BEST moment for me to listen it is when i ride my bike (i almost write my horse) and take a big long trip through the landscape.

One day i ride under a big heavy storm clouded sky with "Infinite Ocean" playing. It was HUGE...
#281517 by Mara
Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 am
I can say that after listening to the record numerous times, Ghost, Blackberry and As You Were are my ultimate favourites. I absolutely adore this album.
#282506 by Superkudo64
Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 pm
Hear Baby and Blackberry. I've been having a headache all day long, and listening to this album/taking tylenol have helped enormously!

I think listening to Ghost in whole has been the more helpful remedy though :)
#283809 by Joe
Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:55 pm
Jaglavak wrote:Fly, Feather, Blackberry and Texada... though, since I could only vote three, I omitted Fly. Feather is truly, truly beautiful, every single section of it; Blackberry is gorgeous (as I mentioned in the Blackberry appreciation thread, haha) and Texada... well, not only is the climax of the whole record (for me), it's just so unique sounding! It just has such an amount of individuality as a track; it really is something special. My favorite song on Ghost overall, actually. And, it's second half doesn't go on for a second too long for me, either... it's seriously a great piece to chill out to.

I completely agree with these 4 as favorites.
#284470 by No OnE
Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 am
Ghost, Heart Baby & Blackberry, maybe in that order! I haven't listened to the album in a few weeks, and those are the songs that are still getting stuck in my head, so I went with them. Such a tough poll :(
#285426 by Manwards
Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:26 pm
"Feather", because in addition to being a generally lovely song, it reminds me of my girlfriend. She lives like a hundred miles away, and we only see each other a few days each month. "You loaded all your dolls and toys into the car, and we are here while you are far." Always produces a sad little smile out of me.

"Kawaii". As much as I love complex layered songs, you can't beat a good acoustic ballad, either. I like songs that almost sound like I could play them on the guitar. I say almost, because I am truly crap and can only play the major chords sloppily, but I've still got more chance of playing "Kawaii" than, say, "Ants". Devy's voice sounds incredible in this one. Also, and I don't know if anyone here is an anime fan, or if they're into soppy drama shows, but I keep intending to match this song to a few scenes from the series Clannad. Particularly in the second series, where something very, very sad happens at the same time as something wonderful. The lyrics, each and every one of them, work perfectly for it.

"Blackberry". Love the banjo, love the atmosphere, love the female singer, and that final lift in the vocals is divine. There's no other word for it. Divine.
#290697 by No OnE
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 pm
Dang, I had to change my vote entirely, only because my favorite songs right now are not what I voted for a month and a half ago :lol:

Kawaii, Infinite Ocean, and As You Were.

This album is still growing on me, months after coming out. Is it my favorite DT album yet? I dunno, but I can't seem to get it out of my playlist rotation!
#299572 by crazyaga
Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm
feather, infinite ocean and as you were.

why the last 2 songs got such a small amount of votes?
for me , infinite ocean and as you were are raising the level of the whole album from being an amazing album, to being a timeless classic and one of the greatest albums of all time.
those 2 songs have something which is beyond music. for me it feels like they seal the album with an ancient spell who cannot be broken.