Peace to you

What are your favourite songs (3) from Ghost?

5%
5%
4%
4%
9%
9%
5%
5%
7%
7%
8%
8%
0%
0%
1%
1%
5%
5%
1%
1%
2%
2%
3%
3%
#271744 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 am
I went with the bulk of Kawaii, Ghost and Blackberry (not Monsoon ^^).
Amazing.
Towards the end the album gets a little less spectacular and more mediative, which is not bad in any means.
Last edited by Helge-Uwe on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#271783 by Telescopes Are Gay
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm
Liampie wrote:
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:Picking a favorite? Man, this is sadistic. I can't pick a favorite. They are their own little unique snowflakes. Fly is an awesome sublime opening track, Kawaii is somber, but melachonic, Ghost is folky and happy and...

Fuck it, I picked Blackberry.

Remember you can pick three favourites!

Whoops. Well, point still somewhat stands, but I added in Fly and Kawaii.
#271787 by shredi knight
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:25 pm
Sir Ryan Of Smeg wrote:Feather, Ghost and Blackberry :)

Ditto (and in that same order). :D
#271911 by No OnE
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:41 pm
I've listened to this album a ton of times already, but it's still to early for me to vote!

Heart Baby took me what seems like a million listens to really key into, but as of this moment it's one of the songs that I really really enjoy! Ghost is the exact same way, I definitely wasn't ready for it the first 10 times I heard it. Fly, Kawaii & As You Were were my first songs to connect with, and I still really like them. Blackberry has grown on my a lot, too. Seams & Infinite Ocean are wonderful, maybe not my favorites, but they are definitely great, and I still connect with them fairly deeply. I could talk on the others too, as there really isn't any point on this album that I don't like. Dev's got a great ear, it's fairly remarkable that I can agree with almost all of his "good sound" choices, across his whole discography. This album in particular, the worst songs I would still grade as "very good"!

I'll vote in pry a few months time 8) This album is way too good to rush this "favorite songs" thing.

sylkicks wrote:Poor Dark Matters :(

I LOVE THAT SONG!! LOL, I still can't believe this album, it's like whatever song I'm listening to is the best song.
#272287 by mekahdexa
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 pm
I chose Kawaii, Ghost and Texada, but it was a very difficult choice haha.

I really like Dark Matters too though. I wish it was longer, the vibe is incredible. Texada reminds me of rolling around in a meadow or something for some reason. I love it. Mike St. Jean's percussion really adds to the songs they're on.
#272293 by Faffy
Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 pm
Voted for Kawaii, Ghost and Blackberry... but it hurts not to vote for Texada, As You Were, Heart Baby... you get the point. xD I'd vote for all of them if I could.
#272318 by devious_mischievous
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:19 pm
I have tried to narrow down my favorites, and so far, I've only been able to narrow it down to five. I'll have to listen to the album more in order to be able to narrow it down to three. :P At the moment, it's between "Fly," "Feather, "Ghost," "Blackberry," and "Texada."
#272329 by fragility
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:20 pm
ppinkham wrote:I want Devin to come on here and say that 'Dark Matters' is his favourite. I have a feeling the poll would change a bit. lol

Would be very disappointing if it did change it