Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#260479 by Jaglavak
Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:51 pm
DevinJayLeibe wrote:I too have never been more excited for a release than I am now. I remember before Ki I told someone my favourite artist was releasing a succession of 4 albums and I was all like, In your face, your band is only releasing ONE MEASLY album next year. My friend was not convinced, and said that the albums were going to be shit because you can't just go and release 4 albums and have them all be amazing, that's against the rules.

And that was the most wrong anybody ever was.

Normally, I'd agree with your friend, but I'd have to take your side when it comes to Devin - he's got a track record that most other musicians would love to have, when it comes to the quality of his work. So, the thought of him dropping three more albums this year doesn't scare me at all; it just makes me go 'awesome, three Devin Townsend albums!' never once worrying about the quality of the music on them. That's the sign of a good artist, IMO...

...and, speaking of quality Dev material - I had a moment with Poltergeist the other day, and it occurred to me just how high quality all the previews of Decon I've heard so far are. First, my favorite was Pandemic; then it was Stand; then it was Sumeria; then it was Juular; now it's Poltergeist... bodes well for the actual album, I think, when I've loved every snippet I've heard up until this point, and my stand-out tracks keep changing weekly. That 'wandering soul of mine/wandering in time' part in Pandemic had me for a while, but lately, all the songs have been popping out at me.
#260512 by maxoulou
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:35 am
Hi everyone... Here one french link and a review of the deconstruction album : http://www.radiometal.com/article/devin ... ique,24592 who is apparently the best Devin Townsend album and the best rock album of all time in term of richness :D The Ghost review is here too and it's fantastic : http://www.radiometal.com/article/devin ... oile,24869. Can't wait..................................................... Heart attack. SHIT :dead:
#260513 by Lettuce
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 am
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Right. That's it. I'm going in the freezer. Get me out in June please?
#260514 by Gerg
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 am
It's in french...any link for the english version?
#260522 by Jaglavak
Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 am
maxoulou wrote:Hi everyone... Here one french link and a review of the deconstruction album : http://www.radiometal.com/article/devin ... ique,24592 who is apparently the best Devin Townsend album and the best rock album of all time in term of richness :D The Ghost review is here too and it's fantastic : http://www.radiometal.com/article/devin ... oile,24869. Can't wait..................................................... Heart attack. SHIT :dead:

Damn, man, I shouldn't have read that (Lettuce's translation, that is - can't read French)... my anticipation level for BOTH albums just reached previously unknown levels. Aside from the review's (extremely) positive opinions on both albums, did anyone catch those track lengths? I won't post them here, for anyone not wanting the surprise spoiled for them, but... wow. Some I expected, some were real surprises to me. All in a good way, of course. :D
#260542 by ctfod
Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:08 am
So it's been sent to media folk?

Shouldn't be too long before it leaks then, heh heh heh
#260544 by Faffy
Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am
I started reading the Deconstruction review... and then decided not to. The anticipation for both albums is already killing me... plus I want to be surprised. :D (Still... gotta hear those youtube teasers on a daily basis though)
#260547 by Jaglavak
Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am
ctfod wrote:So it's been sent to media folk?

Shouldn't be too long before it leaks then, heh heh heh

I wouldn't be surprised if both albums drop, soon... Ulver's latest leaked a few days ago, from what I've heard, and it's not out physically until May. Either way, no matter how tempting the leaks may be, I'll wait until both records are in my hands before I listen to them. Call my patience unnecessary, but I feel it'll be worth it in the end.

Faffy wrote:I started reading the Deconstruction review... and then decided not to. The anticipation for both albums is already killing me... plus I want to be surprised. :D (Still... gotta hear those youtube teasers on a daily basis though)

Haha, I'm with you on the Youtube teasers. If you really do want to be surprised, it's a good thing you didn't keep going; both reviews are pretty explicit about the structure of the albums. I actually stopped reading about halfway through the one on Deconstruction, but I couldn't resist looking at the track lengths... :mrgreen:
#260549 by Gerg
Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:34 am
Wooh, am I happy i didn't read it yet, apparently it's verry revieling! Although i can't wait for June 20th...
#260552 by noobpotato
Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm
Why did I read the decon review :( damn my impatience, luckily the translation was confusing enough to the extent where I didn't get everything fully :)
#260557 by Negoba
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 pm
There was alot of stuff about butts and excrement in that translation...does the google translator have something against the French language?

I only read the opening and ending...describing music specifically in words after I've already heard the teasers isn't going to give me any more clue about what we're getting.
#260564 by FUBAR
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm
Thanks for the reviews, I just cant wait!

I know it's bad to say but I really want the albums to leak soon just so I can hear them. I'll make it up to Dev by buying numerous copies of the cds and a shitload of merch :D
#260585 by mrbean667
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:37 pm
Mustn't... read... reviews...