Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#202656 by mushroom
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm
The Dev wrote:Having SYL on this record makes no sense to me at all. The new black WAS the swan song. I need to make something heavy without SYL, and don't worry...

...you'll see.

Sad thing , we know you can do heavy things without syl, but work at least with one of them could bring some memories. Anyway, i'm waiting for this record more than everything. Thanks!
#202662 by niklang
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm
So much to look forward. So many styles coming!
Seems crazy we are talking about 3 and 4 and 2 is not out.
Can never have too much of this though.

Decon sounds like its going to be a headf**k and number 4 a band aid for our split craniums.
#202671 by AlucardXIX
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:22 pm
The Dev wrote:Having SYL on this record makes no sense to me at all. The new black WAS the swan song. I need to make something heavy without SYL, and don't worry...

...you'll see.

You need another guitarist for it?!
#202672 by The Dev
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:26 pm
I hear ya guys, I know you love syl, but for memories, theres 6 albums, a dvd and a best of...

You'll see.
#202676 by sunsetofage
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm
Right, Devin ! Let SYL rest in peace ! I know you will make your way without SYL ! You proved it with Ki and Addicted will be a great piece of music... I'm sure !!! Greetings !
#202685 by rgx612a
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 pm
I'm looking forward to this album the most. The crazier the better. 8)
#202691 by AlucardXIX
Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:15 pm
The Dev wrote:I hear ya guys, I know you love syl, but for memories, theres 6 albums, a dvd and a best of...

You'll see.

It's not that, I mean do you need a guitarist who can play just about anything for touring/recording purposes? I'd love to get out on tour and such. If you need any kind of audition, video, recording, let me know! Or at least consider it...
#202700 by ian_glanzman
Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:
The Dev wrote:I hear ya guys, I know you love syl, but for memories, theres 6 albums, a dvd and a best of...

You'll see.

It's not that, I mean do you need a guitarist who can play just about anything for touring/recording purposes? I'd love to get out on tour and such. If you need any kind of audition, video, recording, let me know! Or at least consider it...

I don't think he was addressing you.
#202702 by AlucardXIX
Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:46 pm
ian_glanzman wrote:
AlucardXIX wrote:

You'll see.

I dont think I need someone who comes around here just for updates and posts once a week telling me anything. Go back to trolling like 2 forums here and just keep quiet, everyone likes you best that way.

Dont take that as a flame, because it's not. Just dont be pretentious and jump in like that anymore.
#202711 by TallNerdGuy
Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 pm
soundsofentropy wrote:So, out of curiosity, Dev, you said this one was going to have a full orchestra, right? That would be fucking awesome.

Thats what I was wondering...hopefully the plans for this idea are still in play.

Can't wait for Addicted, but once I get that in hand, Deconstruction will instantly take its place on my list of most-anticipated albums. And as much as I love SYL, I'm all for something new. Nostalgia is good, but hearing a humongous original blast of audio can be much more inspiring. Then, years later, you can be nostalgic about that original blast of audio!
Last edited by TallNerdGuy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#202712 by pastadude
Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 pm
I am most excited for Decon because, yes I love SYL; but I know anything Dev does will be heavy in its own sense. Ki is pretty heavy, it visits a lot of interesting places and really fleshes out the emotions quite well. In some ways I feel like Lady Helen is the heaviest song on the album because it's so strong as a song and in its message.

The passion is what keeps me coming back to Dev records, not the distortion. (though I DO love distortion :mrgreen: )
#202714 by mushroom
Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:44 pm
Still sad, but that's ok, doesn't mean i won't listen to it or buy it (if i can)
#202717 by Jormungandr
Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:47 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:
ian_glanzman wrote:
AlucardXIX wrote:

You'll see.

I dont think I need someone who comes around here just for updates and posts once a week telling me anything. Go back to trolling like 2 forums here and just keep quiet, everyone likes you best that way.

Dont take that as a flame, because it's not. Just dont be pretentious and jump in like that anymore.

Chillax Brah! Let's not take this thread down that long, dark road.
#202733 by nrich
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 pm
i think another SYL record would be the last thing i'd want from devin. he's accomplished all that's needed to be done with that, ffs. it's just kind of sad that so many people don't understand that and they refuse to let go of the past. i see more whining about a SYL reformation than anything else whenever devin's mentioned somewhere. this is probably why i'd be disappointed if gene hoglan was playing on deconstruction. it'd practically be SYL or even an infinity rehash. the brain needs stimulation of things that are new to maintain creativity and structure. you gotta be pretty selfish to hang onto devin's slacks and beg for some more of the past. time to get over it, man