Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#264886 by PraiseTheLard
Sat May 07, 2011 12:40 pm
No worries, but this is also what he said a few hours prior to the song making its way to Youtube:

The Dev wrote:Hey guys, the way I look at it is this:

The way this forum operates is separate from me, so there's protocol that is beyond what I'm going to say, so keep that in mind.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's anyone who should be able to listen / download / enjoy or dislike, it should be the people on this board. You guys keep the boat sailing for me in lots of ways.

Yeah, I get shit from multiple sources from a lot of the things I tweet or write, but my whole trip has always been based around saying what I feel, and eventually the people on the business front end up seeing that as a positive.

So without it being direct links or whatever here, (which yeah, I'd probably get mad shit for) I say again, the people here for the most part are the ones that have supported this, enabled this, and have gone out of their way to promote it. The least you deserve is to hear it when you can. Just be careful, because trying to avoid looking like a douche gets harder by the day in my business life :)

...and that being said, as with every record, there gets to be so much anticipation, that there's bound to be a few of you who just straight up don't like the new stuff, and thats great too...

Take it easy!
#264892 by Octillus
Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 pm
PraiseTheLard wrote:No worries, but this is also what he said a few hours prior to the song making its way to Youtube:

The Dev wrote:Hey guys, the way I look at it is this:

The way this forum operates is separate from me, so there's protocol that is beyond what I'm going to say, so keep that in mind.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's anyone who should be able to listen / download / enjoy or dislike, it should be the people on this board. You guys keep the boat sailing for me in lots of ways.

Yeah, I get shit from multiple sources from a lot of the things I tweet or write, but my whole trip has always been based around saying what I feel, and eventually the people on the business front end up seeing that as a positive.

So without it being direct links or whatever here, (which yeah, I'd probably get mad shit for) I say again, the people here for the most part are the ones that have supported this, enabled this, and have gone out of their way to promote it. The least you deserve is to hear it when you can. Just be careful, because trying to avoid looking like a douche gets harder by the day in my business life :)

...and that being said, as with every record, there gets to be so much anticipation, that there's bound to be a few of you who just straight up don't like the new stuff, and thats great too...

Take it easy!

Thanks for saving time. That said, this is DEFINITELY the spoiler free thread anyhow.
#265778 by MaxX
Mon May 09, 2011 6:51 pm
No spoilers here, but I'm posting this in both threads just to make it absolutely clear.

Piracy/leaks can be a great way of getting some exposure, I'm sure Dev knows that, even though there can potentially be downsides if not enough people decide to play fair. I, however, like I always do, will be buying this CD on day one because it's WELL worth the purchase.

Money spent blindly is usually bad money spent. Money spent where I know what I'm getting is worth twice as much, because I know that it's being soundly invested and that the investment is going to a place where I'm proud to put it.
#266047 by Sev_the_Nomad
Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 pm
I know this discussion has pretty much been laid to rest, but if you happen to make another record on caliber in heaviness you should check out the drummer Dave Witte from Municipal Waste, the guy is a surprisingly versatile drummer.
#273258 by bassbait
Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:44 pm
Sev_the_Nomad wrote:I know this discussion has pretty much been laid to rest, but if you happen to make another record on caliber in heaviness you should check out the drummer Dave Witte from Municipal Waste, the guy is a surprisingly versatile drummer.

Well, I would immediately recommend Gene Hoglan (ha, except that's probably not going to happen, especially considering Gene is in like 10 bands right now), but I honestly think if there's any NEW drummer to recommend, it's Nic Ritter from Warbringer. I suggest the song "Jackal" to hear how good he is, or "Abandoned by Time". If there's any drummer overall for something like this, I'd pick Gene, because he's the machine!
#273356 by Octillus
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:19 pm
Let's not invite that discussion for the billionth time. Love Gene, but I don't know if his machine like drumming works for Dev's style at this point.

I personally enjoy Ryan's work, he's dramatically improving with each release.
#273381 by djskrimp
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:17 pm
Octillus wrote:Let's not invite that discussion for the billionth time. Love Gene, but I don't know if his machine like drumming works for Dev's style at this point.

I personally enjoy Ryan's work, he's dramatically improving with each release.

That Dirk kid needs to work on expanding his game, but he seems decent enough. :shock: :D