Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#202548 by Helge-Uwe
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 am
glad to hear ;) which line-up is gonna play it?
#202550 by The Dev
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 am
Figuring that and the final record out currently.

...it will be appropriate, Decon. is also VERY complicated.

The last record is NOT heavy.
#202551 by GuyOne
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 am
The Dev wrote:The last record is NOT heavy.

But is this the last heavy record?

Also will there be death metal influences?
#202553 by The Dev
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:18 am
Yup, prog, deathy (in parts), crazy, alien, grey, solos, electronic, choral and symphonic, and a bunch of ziltoid.

It's not all loud though, there's some very subdued and ambient parts, but definitely dark...some industrial Godfleshy stuff...

It's very colorful, it's not a standard '12 song metal album'...and it is the most 'conceptual' of the bunch...serious though, not jokey.

I suspect some FULL BORE metal heads will shit over about 60% of it and be confused by 40%...the 40% is how I can justify it at this point without getting tired of it.

The build up from Ki through Addicted makes it really something else, it starts very quietly though.

There's fast bits, but lots of mid heavy tempos.

Konrad (ki) is doing the art.
#202554 by The Dev
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 am
Everything I do after these 4 will be open, skys the limit...I write heavy music by nature, it just manifests itself differently each time.
#202555 by djskrimp
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:21 am
The Dev wrote:Figuring that and the final record out currently.

...it will be appropriate, Decon. is also VERY complicated.

The last record is NOT heavy.

Whatever your Muse is, PLEASE LISTEN TO HER! You've been KILLING me with awesome and emotionally engaging music all these years!!!
#202556 by GuyOne
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:25 am
From your description it gives me the vision that Meshuggah might be a bit of an influence. You have mentioned in the past that you enjoy Meshuggah quite a lot.

With the range of music I listen to I think it sounds very interesting and promising. Possibly a little more of a challenge to listen to than Ki and probably addicted. But worth it. My range drastically changes daily. Today I have listened to Amorphis, Rush, Nine Inch Nails and now just finishing Ziltoid.

And more Ziltoid is welcome!
#202557 by swervedriver
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:26 am
Is it wrong to say I may be looking forward to the 4th record more than Deconstruction? I still can't get over the simple beauty of A Monday.. an album full of that vibe would be amazing. :shock:

Not to say I won't enjoy Deconstruction for other moments and moods... :D
#202559 by Helge-Uwe
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 am
some ass-kicking sick drumlines just like on the SYL-album would be great.
#202564 by The Dev
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 am
yes, I'm looking forward to the fourth record BY FAR more than ANY of them, it's beauty and it's graceful.

Decon. is for the folks who supported me through the heavy years, it's a strange gift. There will be people (always) that crave the destruction and confusion, and I'm good at it, and I've wrote a whopper.

The thing is, I CANNOT do the fourth record until I do the third. The purge is absolutely essential to the fourth record, in fact, the fourth record is humbled by the grace of the third. Deconstruction gets it OUT of the system....farrr out.

They're a family.
#202568 by NFF
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:19 am
i cant wait for eather. and also dev purge would be good i would love to see what comes out of a no holds bar just let it all out RAAAA fest.
#202570 by sj_2150
Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:19 am
deconstruction... godfleshy eh? would you work with Justin Broadrick? :D
#202581 by IamaFlukeintheworld
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:01 am
With what seems to be the near finish line for the DTP, what are your thoughts towards a tour ? Or is it too soon ?
#202584 by Feehan
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:10 am
this is gonna be sweet. i was orginally lookin most forward to decon themost until i heard ki which melted my brain with its awesomness, if decon and indeed addicted + 4th album have the same quality as ki (in their own field), whats left of my brain will surely evaporate

i have absolutly no doubt this will happen, bye bye brain!!