Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#268688 by gojirasan52
Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 pm
the_s_rabbit wrote:
gojirasan52 wrote:
the_s_rabbit wrote:
gojirasan52 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the vocal line at the very end of Sumeria is sung by Paul and Dev. It sounds more like Dev is almost whispering "Pray for where our hearts lead us now" instead of Joe Growling.

I think it's Paul's vocoder effects. I read some interview where he (Paul Masvidal) talks about playing around with the vocoder effects and sometimes uses it to replicate his voice one octave above and/or below, as well as to harmonize.

That very well could be the case. He is well known for using the Vocoder, and I was surprised when I heard his vocals without it. Tbh I think I prefer his vocals without the effect saturation

I can hear his voice replicated one octave higher throughout his entire vocal part. It's faint, but it's there.

After giving the song another listen and using better headphones I agree. It's really subtle but you're right its definitely there. I'm glad that there are still hidden elements to this record, even after 50+ listens in a short period of time.
#269363 by djskrimp
Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 pm
metmass wrote:About the opening of Juular... it didn't even cross my mind that it WOULDN'T be Devin. I was surprised when I saw that there's even a debate.

There is always debate here. Sometimes, it's even good.
#270166 by KRISTOFFA
Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:28 pm
berserkur wrote:
KRISTOFFA wrote:
berserkur wrote:And Kristoffa . You are wrong.

About what?

About it being Ihsahn at the beginning. :|

Really? Couldn't tell from Devin himself coming along to confirm that.
#280462 by psychotic
Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:31 am
I'm totally loving this. I'll put this and Ghost on back to back and get the whole yin and yang effect, and every second is great. The thing I love about this is that it's a fun album to listen to. I don't feel pushed at all like I have felt for probably the last 10 years with metal releases that I've listened to. Not all of them, but a very large portion. Anyway, this is a fun album, it reminds me that Devin is one of those artists in heavy music that really gets it. He gets the fun aspect. The guests are an amazing group, and they do a great job on this. With every listen I like it more and more, and just really find this to be one of the funnest releases that I've bought in a long time.