Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#233351 by Mikey
Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 pm
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at the Trocadero in Philadelphia, PA?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#233415 by bozzltov
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 am
Devy & Crew played the same setlist as the rest of the tour... and it was PHENOMINAL! Good god. The first band surprised me... very good musicians. Devy kicked ass. Cynic RULED. I'm a huge Cynic fan, but apparently most of the other people in the crowd were bored to death... and the stereotypical meathead karatecore bunch, yelling "YOU SUCK!!" and other nonsense at them. I couldn't give two shits about Between The Buried And Me, so I left the venue. I wandered down to Race Street, where the tour buses are always parked for the Troc. When I got there, one bus was pulling away, so I hightailed it back to the Troc. I met up with a couple cool guys from Lancaster, as we watched Devy and others load the DTP and Cynic gear into the trailer. Devy came over and greeted us all.

He signed my baseball! First, he turned the stitching into a face:

Then, signed it:

I handed him the following 4x6 that I printed out, and he LOVED it! He showed it to his bassist, who shared the laugh. He signed it and gave it back to me.

I gave him a notecard and asked him to draw something on it...

And lastly, here I am with the man himself!

Oh what they hay, I'll give you a couple live shots. I took the flash off and got some surprisingly clear pics.
#233418 by UndeadInJersey
Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am
Awesome show, brought 3 of my friends and they all loved it. No "Addicted" again. Balloons where being passed around "Who brought the balloons, that's pretty metal" - Devin.

The samples sounded better but there was way to much bass. Good turnout for DTP, looks like Philly goes hard for Dev. "By Your Command" was my favorite last night.
#233422 by bozzltov
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 pm
It's kinda strange that there were so many people there that were pumped up to see Devy. The last time SYL played the Troc, there had to have been 25 - 50 people in the entire audience. I'm glad that they got a great reaction.
#233437 by catharsis
Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm
i wouldn't say that cynic suck, but they were certainly pretty boring. i thought the music was "ok" but they just didn't put any energy into it i guess. didn't stay for btbam and scale the summit are extremely talented but i thought they didn't have much variety between songs
#233438 by bozzltov
Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:25 pm
'Boring' is subjective. If you watch them perform as a whole, then perhaps they could be considered 'boring'. If you lose yourself and feel them perform, then it is a completely different show you're witnessing.
#233449 by FloHaake
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 pm
I was super impressed by Devin's performance. "By Your Command" was the highlight of the night for me. I love Cynic, but since they played only one "Focus" song, the set of the night goes to DTP. BTBAM are a good band, but their songs tend to lose me after 5 minutes when seeing them performed live. Mike Portnoy in attendance as well.
#233454 by bozzltov
Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm
FloHaake wrote:I love Cynic, but since they played only one "Focus" song, the set of the night goes to DTP.

I kept yelling "TEXTURES" to no avail. :(
#233483 by FloHaake
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm
bozzltov wrote:
FloHaake wrote:I love Cynic, but since they played only one "Focus" song, the set of the night goes to DTP.

I kept yelling "TEXTURES" to no avail. :(

I don't know how they did a set without playing "Veil Of Maya." I saw them with Meshuggah last February in NYC and they played at least three Focus tracks.
#233497 by Dethmerchant
Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 am
bozzltov wrote:'Boring' is subjective. If you watch them perform as a whole, then perhaps they could be considered 'boring'. If you lose yourself and feel them perform, then it is a completely different show you're witnessing.

I would have been able to fully immerse myself if I didn't feel like a damn sardine. I was getting rubbed on all sides... and not in the good way. Had I had that space for this (har-dee-har-har) performance, I would have lost myself in the set.

By the way, I'm the guy that was wearing the trenchcoat/shorts/Opeth shirt. I'd post my pic with Dev, but the guy that took the pic has yet to send me a copy. Also, wasn't it Van Poo that Dev called over?

One last thing... I don't believe I ever thanked you for the use of your notecards/pen. I certainly wasn't expecting to ditch early and try to catch the guys coming out. I know to be more prepared next time.
#233505 by OceanMachine15
Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 am
Devin was awesome. Saw Scale the SUmmit and couldn't really dig them. The endings of all their songs sounded good, but it seemed like they relied way too much on fingertapping in their songs and sliding. Couldn't get into it.
Devin though was phenomenal. Definitely looked happier to be there than SYL at Ozzfest 2006, though I don't know him so he could've hated every minute of it lol
Will definitely be seeing him again next time he tours wherever it may be in the U.S. Hopefully, he'll play Material and Color Your World. (And all of Om).
#233509 by bozzltov
Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am
Dethmerchant wrote:By the way, I'm the guy that was wearing the trenchcoat/shorts/Opeth shirt. I'd post my pic with Dev, but the guy that took the pic has yet to send me a copy. Also, wasn't it Van Poo that Dev called over?

One last thing... I don't believe I ever thanked you for the use of your notecards/pen. I certainly wasn't expecting to ditch early and try to catch the guys coming out. I know to be more prepared next time.

It's cool, man! I'm an autograph collector, so I don't go anywhere without a set of markers and things to get autographed in the off-chance that I'd meet someone.