Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#233333 by Mikey
Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:20 am
Did you see this show with DTP, Scale The Summit, Cynic and Between The Buried And Me at The Fillmore NY @ Irving in New York, NY?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks,

Mikey
hevydevy.com
#233339 by UndeadInJersey
Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 am
Really awesome time last night. Devin and the band sounded amazing, they didn't play "Addicted" though which was annoying (hope they play it tonight in philly). Bought 2 DTP shirts and the DTP belt buckle. Met lots of "addicts" many a high five was exchanged and people talking about how no one gets Devin and we all laughed about it. Met a couple from Wales that flew all the way to NYC to see the show. After seeing Devin I couldn't even watch Cynic because I just didn't care that much. haha. After a Dev show everything else pales in comparison.
#233352 by wyldweasil
Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 pm
Dev was great, kinda wished he deviated from the set a little, but it was a great show, can't wait for the headlining tour!

For those wondering Doors were at 7, dev came on maybe 8:15ish.
dunno if this'll work but:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34756930@N07/sets/72157623197427395/
there's some pics from last night, wish i could've gotten better.
Met up with some people from the ESP forum after dev's set and had quite the memorable eveninging, ended up at a hooka bar with a gorgeous belly dancer!
My friend with the belly dancer!

great night good times, now let's get the headlining tour already!
#233400 by KickAssDuke
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 am
Jan 30th New York, NY

Got in just as Devin was going on, awesome show. I have been a Devin Townsend fan for many years but this was the first time seeing him live. I did get to see SYL some years back and I was blown away that night also. The crowd at Irving Plaza was great. The place was packed and I got the vibe that everyone was really into Devin and the set list. I seriously hope Devin decides to do a headlining tour in the near future or maybe hook up on some kind of US festival tour. The one thing I will say that struck a chord with me was that Devin really looked like he was enjoying himself. I have been to tons of shows and many times the bands just look like they are plugging away at some kind of laborious day job. Watching Devin blast out some monster riffs all with a sinister grin on his face really gave me a big kick.

So to sum up, great sound, great set list, awesome crowd reaction, hope to get to see more of Devin in the upcoming year.
#233411 by catharsis
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 am
man did they have a lot of energy for the entire 30 minutes. dev's comments about wiping his ass were hilarious, and he was funny pretty much the whole time. this just makes me hope he headlines a tour soon that much more.
#233443 by wyldweasil
Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 pm
On Irving Plaza's Facebook they asked what you thought of the show, so i added that it would've been better if they let Dev play longer than 30 minutes.

There was a guy behind me that said his favorite dev album was ziltoid and that he wanted to desperately hear "Hyperdrive" because it was his favorite song, I turned to him and gave him a big Bro handshake, this guy was awesome, he let me drink half his beer! This guy was def one of my favorite people there, had to be like my clone or something!

the crowd was really good.
#233446 by JASONSCULLY
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm
awesome show, me and my wife loved it. I bought a bunch of shirts but the dtb sweatshirt was sold out!!!!! :( . cynic was awesome too. my first time seeing dtb live, it was super!
#233468 by GKnight
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm
Awesome show in NYC, Irving Plaza was packed to the gills (never seen the place so packed before, seemed like it was oversold to me). Devin's set was easily the highlight of the night! Heck, come to think of it, I was really there for Devin. I've seen DTP a few years back (when they opened for Symphony X) and SYL a couple of times. Devin never fails to amaze me! Hoping to see him headline one of these days ;)

Scale the Summit were decent (seen them before), Cynic started out OK but got boring quickly, BtBaM were entertaining (seen them before as well), but I'm not a huge fan of their stuff thou they definitely got the talent. I'll give their last album another listen, it seems to be growing on me.

I'd love to see a vid of Devin's set, so far I found good quality Denver and Philly footage on youtube but nothing from NYC as usual :?
#233561 by Feltronc
Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 pm
well i put a couple of videos from that night on my youtube channel

intro and disruptr:
[youtube]Pdin9rytagI[/youtube]

supercrush!:
[youtube]8XD1i0hUIY0[/youtube]

they sound saturated because i was right next to the stage...

man.. i'm still trying to recover from the show, what a fucking awesome performance by devin and the band. and the sound oh boy... out of this world.

i got to meet him after the show, what a humble man...
#233598 by JASONSCULLY
Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 am
its interesting how the sttrobe light frequency fucks with the video ...any who. I was in the front too on the opposite side of the stage.

this show was, just specal
#234674 by penguinonroids
Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm
Yay I'm only two weeks late on commenting about this show! But anyway, this was the best Devin performance in my opinion (have seen SYL live four times and Devin Townsend Band once before). I can't wait till October. Better weather and longer set list.

I took a few shots from that show if anyone would like to take a peek: http://www.flickr.com/photos/neurotic_penguin/sets/72157623214687935/