Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#325400 by Octillus
Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 am
hog wrote:
Morill wrote:Judging by photos (mainly Ryans Facebook page) it looks like the audience in clubs is rather small. So far it's like 100 people per venue, what the hell? I always thought that Dev has more fans in America than here in Europe. Please correct me if that's just a coincidence / visual misjudge.

Here I am with a ticket lying in my drawer for the Warsaw show in February.

Ironically the DTP are not very popular in Canada. I think they shall be playing larger venues in the US.

This. But actually Dev's biggest audience is in the UK. He/metal in general seems to do better in Australia than in the states as well. And he may do better in Northern Europe.
#325403 by Raithfyre
Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:31 pm
Someone asked on RVP's Facebook if the setlist would be changing up, and he said no. I also asked if they had cut the more obscure songs mentioned before, and he said that they couldn't get samples ready in time =( Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed, especially because I was hoping that they'd keep "Bastard" in the set. Oh well, still looking forward to seeing 'em in Los Angeles next month. It'll be the 4th time I've seen DTP!
#325405 by DevinTownsendDCfan
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 am
Looks like he is still playing 14 songs in the U.S., which is awesome imo. Especially since BTBAM are much more popular than Devin so I would have expected him to play a shorter set. Just wish he was playing all dates with Anneke because her vocals add so much to the songs. Ih-Ah and Grace are excellent encore choices.
#325443 by Octillus
Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 pm
I always write longer recaps so I'll get back to this later from a computer.

But the short version takeaways.

1) Fallujah guy you need to settle the fuck down.

2) BTBAM I can't decide if I love you or am bored to tears by you now.

3) HIGHER... HIGHER HIGHER
#325450 by hakmed
Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 am
Montreal show...

1) Fallujah - missed it but I know its a town in Iraq so musta been weird

2) BTBAM - key change / tempo madness... very confusing

3) DTP - Great but seemed very tired... touring sucks and it shows

4) Crowd.. Prog metal shows suck cause there's no pit and ppl are suuuuper akward everywhere...
#325456 by swervedriver
Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 am
^ I imagine Canadian pits would be very odd in any case, what with everyone apologizing for bumping into someone else all the time. :lol:

In case anyone missed it, HeavyCon was postponed meaning that a few extra dates were added to the tour to fill the gap that it left in the first weekend of October.

30 September 2016 - Austin, TX - Dirty Dog Bar
02 October 2016 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
#325597 by Nathan_lol
Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 am
Saw Dev in Tempe, AZ. Great show as usual. Did the VIP thing which was awesome. Really happy to get a chance to talk to the band.

Dev had a cold and kept apologizing, but if he didn't say anything I wouldn't have noticed. I think they played 12 songs? Higher sounds fucking MASSIVE live. A mosh pit broke out right where I was standing, and I got shoved closer to the stage. Think I spilled someone's beer...

BTBAM was not my cup of tea, but it's entertaining live. I just wish they would play Colors! They're proud of their latest work and that is admirable. Fallujah was pretty cool from what I could hear, but The Marquee always issues with sound, especially for opening bands.

First time I saw Dev live, he played 5 songs and went on second, BTBAM closed. It was at a small club that held about 600 people (club has since closed due to a shooting). Now this is my 5th time seeing him and he went on last. Never thought I would get to see him live when I first got into him.

TL;DR: another great show