Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#323486 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:14 pm
This show will be streamed live on Toontrack! http://www.toontrack.com/live-streaming-concert/
Stream starts at 8 PM CST today. Right now it appears there's a bit on there where Dev shows off the tour bus. :)

So for those of us in different timezones... did you see the Devin Townsend Project at the Metro in Chicago?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#323497 by djp132
Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 pm
Stream is good but it sounds like the mix is way off. I'm not sure if that is house sound or if the stream is coming from the board. Keys and kick are way too loud and the vox arent loud enough in places. sounds like they are tweaking as they go so it should work itself out. (Yep it did)
http://www.toontrack.com/live-streaming-concert/

Setlist:
Regulator
Rejoice
Midnight Sun
War
New Reign
Z2
March of the Poozers (this song CRUSHES live , wow!)
Ziltoidian Empire
Grace
Bad Devil
Kingdom
(encore)
Deathray

Really cool show. Kudos to Toontrack for the stream, I'd love to see more of these.
#323499 by swervedriver
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:31 am
Well, it looks like they're still trying to work out the setlist as well. It gets hard to get into a groove if you have to keep reminding yourself what comes next, not to mention it's the first time they're playing half of these songs for live audiences. It's a bit unnerving when you're still figuring out what does and doesn't work.
#323503 by NamasteLikeBender
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:12 am
The mix was a bit off at times, but hearing the keys full-blown on Regulator was pretty great.

And this seems to be normal for Devin at the start of tours these days, especially almost immediately after the release of an album.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
#323504 by Victimlas
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am
Since I can't catch this tour, really enjoyed the live stream. Mix was off here and there, but for a webcast it was awesome! Really loved hearing the new songs! March of the Poozers IS crushing and didn't know they were playing New Reign (my current Sky Blue fave). I am sure as the tour rolls on they'll smooth out everything, but all in all loved it! Thankful too that they webcast since I am missing this!!
#323527 by Negoba
Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:37 pm
I did the meet and greet at this show and Dev was really gracious, had good energy. You'd never know he was feeling tired or road weary. Ryan was great as well. Monuments actually sounded great as far as I could tell, not knowing their music. AaL was better live than the vid I'd seen of this tour. Decibels definitely change a mix.

This was the second time I've seen Dev and his energy on stage wasn't quite the same to be sure. But he worked really hard to create a great show anyway. Most of the people there had never seen him before and walked away amazed. The mix at the actual show had almost no keys and the backing tracks were really low. So absolutely no Anneke in the mix for Rejoice which was really weird.

March of the Poozers was amazing. War and Kingdom were both great as expected. Grace without Anneke was weird for me but the crowd ate it up. It is unbelievable how powerful that song is. Bad Devil was stronger than last tour I saw (I think he was just bringing it back at that point).

I watched the live stream and the mix was very different. Keys so high, the weird reverb on Dev's voice. In addition, his screams actually did sound weak on the stream though I couldn't pick that up at all live. I don't know if it was the reverb or just the volume, but his voice sounded completely fine inside the room.

I drove from St. Louis for the show, and I was not disappointed.
#323736 by Nouveau29
Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:03 pm
Also did the meet and greet. Dev and the guys were GREAT. Met Ryan crossing the street near Wrigley Field. Great show, as always. Dev brings so much energy to his performances, which I think fuels the crowd. At least it did me!