Post your reviews, photos or videos of Dev's shows here! All tour dates included
#320372 by swervedriver
Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:16 pm
Are you going (or planning to go) to the Devin Townsend Project at Conrad Sohm in Dornbirn?

Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here!
#321324 by swervedriver
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:48 am
Did you see the Devin Townsend Project at Conrad Sohm in Dornbirn?

Please post your reviews, setlists, photos and video links here!

Thanks!
#321350 by rito
Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:30 am
I was at the secret meeting in the austrian forest :) - secret meeting because, not too many people showed up. I'm really bad at guessing attendance, but I would say there can't have been more than 300 folks in the audience (close to 200). Anyway, most of the people were there, because they love Devin's music and so everyone had a load of fun right from the start. As you can see in this video (NOT made by me):

[youtube]4uo_tb-ZaGw[/youtube]

We (me and my wife) were a bit disappointed, that so few people showed up and we feared, that Dev and the boys will just go through the motions at best. But the gig was great - it felt more like a band rehearsal with a lot of guests. Music was great, sound was great, everyone had fun and I have never laughed so much at a concert. Maybe they were going through the motions (most of the time you can't tell, if there are real pros on the stage - and it was my first DTP-concert, so I didn't know, what to expect) but it didn't feel like it at all. Loved the whole evening.

I think the setlist was the same as in the concerts before.

Here's another video:
[youtube]0Iam_EEXUA4[/youtube]

Just a few words about the support act Shining: What a great band! If you have the chance you should check them out!!!

PS: If you, like me, can't see the youtube videos, here are the links:

Intro and Kingdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iam_EEXUA4

Grace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uo_tb-ZaGw